Everything posted by Papez
-
Weird central locking issue.
Is it factory with anti-theft alarm? Have you tried to turn off the alarm unit?
-
Our last project
@Raychev05This is the only setup that is documented in Etka and Workshop manual. All Felicias 1.3 with power steering and AC from dealer have retrofit setup, because factory acessory holder doesn't have mounts for both AC compressor and PS pump.
-
ŠKODA Felicia Fun Video
No, chassis and engine are taken from Felicia (ofcourse, including VW engines). Pickup is continuation of Favorit-based Pickup from 1991. Up to B-pillars, it's identical to Felicia, rear end has some modifications, most notably reinforced rear axle with separated spring mounts (coil springs), but many mechanical parts are still carried over from Felicia. Caddy MK2 pickup is just rebadged Felicia Pickup. VanPlus is just modified estate - it even has mounts for rear seats, although there was no official 5-seat variant. Again, Favorit/Forman variant was available before. Caddy MK2 Van is totally different vehicle, it's rebadged Seat Inca, based on Ibiza MK2, with solid beam axle with leaf springs. There was 5-seater "combi" variant, too.
-
ECU Re-map on 1.3L Felicia
@D.FYLAKTOS thanks for the info
-
ŠKODA Felicia Fun Video
What part of it was based on VW caddy? Caddy Pickup was just rebadged Felicia Pickup But it's true, it was official end of "Fun" cars tradition, that started with Felicia roadster in 1950s...
-
Extended Range Petrol Tank
I think that volume of fuel pump is main reason for lower tank volume. So you'd probably need some external fuel pump to increase volume noticeably. But why? I was able to get 700km from a single tank in my 1.3MPI.
-
ECU Re-map on 1.3L Felicia
Yes, officially it had just 40 and 50kW, but back then, claimed outputs were often lower than reality. Common urban legend says, that good MPI engines reached around 55kW (and bad ones barely reached 50kW), but I cannot find any evidence. I remember seeing graph of Octavia AEE with about 60kW on rototest-research page. Unfortunately, that page is not available anymore... When you mentioned it, I have one 1.4 55kW Cordoba in family, maybe we could arrange some test
-
ECU Re-map on 1.3L Felicia
Do you have figures before mods? Some people (including well-known persona from chip-tuning scene) claim, that Felicia has up to 58kW (77hp) stock.. I don't believe that But I cannot find any graphs from stock Felicia.
-
Skoda Felicia engine swap
I'm not arguing with that My example just confirms what you said and gives idea of lifespan of such conversion
-
Skoda Felicia engine swap
I found Czech forum with 1.9 modified to TD. OP mentions that gearbox lasted fir 70k km, before he sold the car. But performance clutch lining was needed. https://dieselpower.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10974
-
Skoda Felicia engine swap
Yes, block should be similar, if you switch acessory holder, oil sump and other bits from AEF, it could fit. But I'm not sure about exhaust/intake manifolds. I didn't find any official info, how much torque will original gearbox handle. I can only guess, that "10S" means 100Nm and 14S/SK means 140Nm. But it's definitely more solid, than 085 box in Lupo, which was paired with 140Nm 1.2 TDI. I've seen some 1.8T and 1.3 turbo conversions with 200+ Nm. Atleast in short term, gearbox can handle that without catastrophic failure. Question is, how long it will last with increased torque.
-
Skoda Felicia engine swap
If I found right info, AAZ is older IDI type, with 150Nm and 55kW, felly gearbox could handle that (VW has put same torque on polo's 085 gearbox, which couldn't handle even 1.4 engine). Problem is, that this engine was originally slanted backwards, while felly mounts are for forward slanted engine from Polo 6N, so it's not that straightfirward. Not sure if it's worth it for extra 8kW.
-
choose better oil
I think that manual states 15k km or one year. I changed after 15k (twice a year), without any issues with the engine and almost no oil consumption. But if you drive short distance with cold engine, you should stick with shorter interval.
-
SPI -> MPI conversion
yes, they have differen TDC triggers. MPI is on the top.
-
Fuel Consumption
How much worn out? My engine had 300k km on odo and still could go for 5,4l/100km on long trips within speed limits. Slightly above 6l/100 was norm, and I never went beyond 7l/100. Another felly with 250k+ was the same. Wear usually isn't issue with these engines. MPI goes quite rich during heating up. So I'd suggest to check temperature sensors, both coolant and intaike air. New lambda sensor doesn't mean it's functional, there can be faulty wiring, too. These things have to be checked with diagnostics, before you start with swapping parts. Also, haven't you changed headgasket recently?
-
Lightweight 1.6 AFH in felicia?
From what I've found, late AFH has direct drive oil pump, while older type has chain driven. Crankshaft, sump and some other parts are different, I'm not sure about block.
-
Lightweight 1.6 AFH in felicia?
What do you mean by "old"? Gearbox pattern? Afaik, AFH was only available in cars with 085 gearbox (Polo 6N, Ibiza 6K, Lupo) Split to two variants happened on aluminium 1.4 engines (AUA, AUB, BBY...) and 1.6 engines (AEE, AVY..) here is difference between Felicia and Octavia AEE And in this topic between AFK (Lupo aluminium 100HP) and AUB (Polo 9N 100HP) https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/333514-aub-engine-code-what-gearbox-will-fit/?tab=comments#comment-2624619
-
Lightweight 1.6 AFH in felicia?
I'm not sure if anyone tried it, since service manuals for alloy blocks suggests, that removing crankshaft leads to crankshaft bearing seat deformation. Also, VW didn't make alloy EA111 1.6 until introduction of FSI with modified block, so I'm not sure, if 16V block is strong enough for high power mods. Looking into manual of 6K Seat Cordoba, it seems that difference between alloy 16V 1.4 and iron 8V 1.6 is 13kg. I'm not sure how exact it is. If you wanted to try it, you need to know that there are actually two variants of EA111 blocks - one for 6k Ibiza/Cordoba, 6N/6N2 Polo and Lupo , with mounting pattern for 085 gearbox. These should fit to Felicia gearbox plate. Fabia, newer Polos, MK4 golfs (and 6 speed Lupo GTI) and other newer models have 02T gearbox with different pattern, but engine code is same.
-
Skoda felicia overheating problem
Yes, it works like that on newer cars, too. 2nd speed is controlled by pressure sensor in refrigerant circuit, so it kicks in only when AC is under load.
-
Strange problem
Both problems can be caused by gas bubbles in circuit. Most common cause is bad head gasket.