Skip to content

100andthirty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 100andthirty

  1. Me too. Found this via search hoping for answers! Will be patient
  2. All fixed now, faults cleared and "software updated". My pocket is now £276 lighter - 😪
  3. Although not in a Superb, my daughter has a Multimac in a Ford Kuga for her four children - oldest 4, youngest twins 9 months.
  4. Similar duty to Q102..MK and A roads. 2.0l TSI 220. I get on average 30mpg
  5. Thanks for all the input. I've tried the suggestion from bubib5. Sadly it didn't work so when I have a moment, I'll be off the the dealer.
  6. Thank you bubib5. I'll give it a try over the weekend
  7. All of a sudden it's stopped working. Last week, it was fine, this week there's no response. Pressing the programmed buttons don't set the seat to the programmed setting and if I press and hold the set button there's no "bong". Is there a means to try resetting it before I take it for diagnosis and repair? Thanks in advance.
  8. I think a lot of the detail in the audio files is lost in the general quality of the loudspeakers and by all the general noises when driving. but if one has Canton and drive in a perpetual traffic jam, it might be different! I copied most of my audio onto the computer in the days when storage was expensive; when a big portable storage system was a 32GB iPod. So I copied everything onto .mp3 at 128mb/sec. Clearly if you're starting now, and you keep versions to listen to at home, then a lossless codec is the way to go. As to album covers. I think that you need to avoid images bigger than 600x600 pixels. Anything bigger might not display.
  9. For my 2017 SE-L, heated rear seats were an optional extra which I specified. In the UK market at least, there were no trim levels with standard heated rear seats and the 1.6TDI engine
  10. We had a remote control key brake for an old Seat Ibiza. It was basically the same type of key and we got the electronics/immobiliser transponder transferred into a new housing with a newly cut key at Timpsons. I don't think all branches do this service, so it's worth phoning ahead or checking on their website.
  11. Hi Jeffi Thanks. Makes sense. I can't absolutely guarantee that I hadn't mistyped the letters, but this happened with several valid postcodes.
  12. Bumping up the topic list in case someone comes along who's had this issue.
  13. I booked with the dealer's central booking service. I recall asking about the cambelt, and was advised 'at the 5 year service. When I dropped the car off, the work was confirmed. When I picked it up, a different service person confessed his surprise that the work wasn't needed. Big John.....I remain delighted with this car. The power is so effortless and much more than enough for my needs. Even after nearly 5 years, I can still frighten myself if I put my foot down!
  14. Warrior193...... thank you for your pearls of wisdom. I can relax!
  15. This has stumped me. I was firmly convinced that my car's engine has a timing belt and, today it was booked in for its replacement at the car's 5-year service. I believe the service folk thought this was something that needed doing about now. When I picked it up I was informed that the engine has a timing chain not a belt. Am I going mad?
  16. I recently had a strange problem on a recent trip to the Norfolk Coast. I couldn't enter postcodes. The usual process was followed and I was able to enter the first two letters., but when I pressed the 1, 2, 3, button, all the numbers were greyed out. Entering City, Street etc worked as usual. When I got home normal service was restored! Another strange anomaly...... on that homeward journey - with "home address" selected as the destination...... when I got to within about 10 miles of home the satnav would indicate a turn into a housing estate every two or three miles and show a premature end to the journey. I would ignore it as I know the way by then, and each time the normal route was displayed shortly after. As all this happed in the recent fine weather, I put it down to some strange atmospheric conditions, but has anyone else had this and found a solution? Thanks in advance for any insights.
  17. I am wondering what the problem might be as I have the ability to enter post codes into my Columbus. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do. Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but this video explains how you do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOR_98quSM
  18. Update as I started the thread nearly a year ago. Following my original post, my daughter discovered that she was expecting twins and two lovely little boys have been born to add to the two small children they already have. In the end, they decided to keep their Ford Kuga, and have fitted a 4-seat Multimac. It all works fine.
  19. Philjory You indicate you have a 2018 SEL. This should, at best, change automatically when you drive into Europe or, at worst, have an option on the infotainment to make the change. My 2017 model SEL can change automatically.
  20. I have to confess to having had mental pictures of dog crates being carried on the roof bars! No one has replied re roof bars, but have a look on here: https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=roofbar&query=8319 I have used them and they're very helpful. Many on here recommend bars with an aerodynamic profile, but they tend to be more expensive. Probably worth going for if you leave them on the car semi-permanently. I use Atero Signo aluminium T slot bars which I bought secondhand in 2012 for my mk II. They work fine on my mk III
  21. Of the list above, I can record that my January 2017 SEL Executive has only suffered occasional creaking over speed bumps.
  22. Yes, that's the tyre size and there's 1 50mph warning sign on the wheel
  23. The 220TSi spare wheel is a 16" one - at least it is on mine and I have used it!
  24. I had a Mk2 1.8 with the same power and torque. It performed fine. I also drove a 1.4 Kodiaq with the same power and torque. I was very impressed. Turbocharging has been great for petrol engines.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.