Skip to content

100andthirty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 100andthirty

  1. I have this gearbox on a 220 TSi. It is generally smooth, but there's an occasional jerk if for example taking up drive after slowing to a roundabout but not stopping.
  2. I own two VAG cars - a Seat as well as my Superb. Each year I get an email inviting me to take out an "extended warranty" for the next year. From memory - please don't rely on this - the coverage is greater and the cost is cheaper than the well known aftermarket warranty brands. I believe that it locks you into having the vehicle serviced by a dealer - again don't rely on this, my memory might be failing me!
  3. Yorkie, I feel your pain. My timing belt event is in January next year. The issue with the belt is a mixture of time and mileage. Clearly the work the belt does is important but the deterioration over time can't be ignored. You could choose to leave the expenditure for another year, but it would always be your risk! I'm not an expert on timing belt technology but I have read lots about it and whilst some manufacturers quote longer lives for their belts, the interval often is reduced with practical experience. I guess "practical experience" means the loss of a few engines. Certainly for my cars over the last 20 years all but one of which have had belts, I've settled on 5 years as the replacement interval. I don't do such low mileage as you, though, but my mileage is still lower than average.
  4. Dara-OC......quite understand.....each to his or her own! One of the joys for me when moving from diesel to petrol was the reduced noise!
  5. Data.....my suggestion would be to relax and enjoy the smoothness! If you need some noise, put something loud on the sound system!!!
  6. Some cars will have the ability to fold the front passenger seat back forward. This is on the options list, but i don't know whether it's often specified.
  7. Applying any roof rack will increase wind noise levels. This is certainly the case on my estate with roof rails, so I can't see how you could avoid this on a saloon. So called wingbars seem to be the way to minimise noise.
  8. I did this recently using my VIN and this official site: http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-GB I did find that trying to update logos using the same SD card that contained the maps didn't work, so suggest you keep map updating and logo updating entirely separate
  9. I bought my Atero Signo roofbars via eBay for my 2012 Mk2 estate. They also fit the Mk3. If you want to buy new, then this company has given my good service: https://www.roofbox.co.uk/ You might want to buy roof bars new to guarantee fit. The cycle carriers clamp (steel bars) of fit with into the T slot of aluminium bars, but otherwise are pretty universal so good second hand via eBay might be a good call.
  10. I bought a plastic guard from this company some years ago but they also do stainless steel. This is the one for the Superb estate: https://rgmautomotive.co.uk/stainless-steel-rearguards/skoda/superb/. These semi rigid protectors need a lot of care when fitting. The adhesive strips are one fix only. Treat them as though you were using contact adhesive. On my mk2 estate I had the official accessory fitted. This was a clear thick film and was virtually invisible. The dealer reported that it was a right pain to fit.
  11. Good call! I recently bought a year old car - form a different VW group company - and it didn't come with a spare. But the dealer knew all about sourcing the complete kit. Even the dealer who supplies your car will sell you the spare as an accessory the day after its been registered!
  12. Phil-E - the flywheel is part of the engine, not the gearbox and yes, dual mass is a diesel thing.
  13. My Jan 2017 SE L Executive with Columbus media has Smartlink which required the phone to be connected to USB.
  14. Based.....thanks very much
  15. HI Bap33. I'd really like to see your pics of the baby seats please.
  16. Thanks both for your quick responses.
  17. This is the exact search term that gave no results on this forum so I thought I'd start a new topic. A daughter is looking for a car that can take three child seats across the back and strongly desires not to become a people carrier person. I know the Superb has only two Isofix mounts and the third seat would have to be secured with the seatbelt**, but has anyone fitted three child seats across the width of a Superb estate? Any help much appreciated. **When my children were young all the car seats were secured with seatbelts, and the centre row middle seat in my people carrier## only had a lap belt. How times change! ## hence my daughter's desire not to get a people carrier!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.