Everything posted by bigade1
-
Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!
@LordRaiden Unfortunately it is a slightly complicated and time consuming process to add a specific poi. It can be done by editing the original database file using a poi editor before using the programme that converts all the complete files into the specific VW/Skoda format. Unfortunately I have to rely on the accuracy of any free database I can get hold of. Some are more accurate than others but aren't free or shared. Nevertheless, it is a bit unusual for you to hear an alert yet not see an accompanying icon. I've had a similar issue before and a hard reset of my infotainment unit resolved the issue. You could give that a try, it's pretty simple - you just press and keep holding the power button in to knock your infotainment system off and keep holding the power button pressed in until the display restarts. Takes about fifteen seconds.
-
CarPlay stopped working
The only thing I would suggest is to completely unpair your phone and factory reset the carplay settings on your infotainment system and retry it. Make sure the phone is disconnected and do it the following way: Firstly on the iphone go to Settings - General - Carplay - Skoda ( or/and any other vehicles ) - Forget this car. Secondly, on your infotainment go to Menu - Settings - Scroll to Factory Reset - Scroll to Individual Factory Reset - Scroll to Mirrorlink and reset it. Then reconnect your device and try it. Remember to select yes if it gives you the option to use Carplay when iphone is locked. Might be worth a try. It could simply be a glitch in the settings.
-
diesel fuel and Pollen filter
I don't know if this is of any help to you but according to their website this is their current " Suggested " schedule: https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesengb/alv1/d300a459-5ef6-433f-a49f-65f3638efaa1/national-price-servicing-min.63862747c3e6286ede19bc446a023030.pdf
-
Cannot reset inspection due warning
You may be resetting the wrong option. There are actually 2 resets. "Oil Service Reset" and "Inspection Reset". Turn the Ignition off press and hold in the " SET" button and then keep holding it in while turning the ignition on. First option comes up on the display " Oil Service Reset " do not release the "SET" button, keep holding it in and after a couple of seconds the display will change to " Inspection Reset ". Then release and press the button again quickly to reset that option. I suspect you're only resetting the Oil Service and that's why you're still seeing the "Inspection Due" message. I may be wrong but that's the way it works on my Octavia. Just to add that my vehicle is on a Variable/Long Life service regime and using the above method will automatically change the car's settings to a Fixed service regime. I then use VCDS to return the car to my original regime after doing the oil change. Here's a video I found:
-
Expansion bottle replacement
@Bap33 Being curious and a bit confused with the part number revisions I took a look at Ifinterface.com and even though logically the letter T comes after M in the alphabet I have concluded that 5Q0121407M is in fact the latest part revision. Well according to Ifinterface.com that is. If you locate the original part number 5Q012140G on Ifinterface.com it states " Dropped on 01/02/2019 please use as replacement " : 5Q0121407T but more importantly if you then click on the part number 5Q0121407T ( which I suspect is what you failed to do ) a further message states " Dropped on 01/02/2020 please use as replacement " : 5Q0121407M. So the T revision was introduced in February 2019 but the M revision was introduced exactly a year later in February 2020. Hopefully there's not a lot of difference between them. Perhaps it's just the outside wording. My M revision doesn't have the words " Mit Silikat " or " G13 " embossed on it.
-
Map update, Help..
I bought this one for my Amundsen MIB2 in July and can't fault it. I checked with the seller that it was 32GB before purchasing it and I formatted it a couple of times and I tried a couple of different maps on it to make sure it was future proof and I am well satisfied with it. Took about 2 weeks for delivery from Lithuania but I wasn't in a rush and it was well worth the wait. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-SKODA-GEN2-MIB2-Amundsen-2-SD-Card-Sat-Nav-Navigation-Map-UK-Europe/254517899066?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
-
Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!
Step 1. Install the free VW Pre Compiled Database located on the download section of this site to your PC: https://free-speed-cam-updates.web2diz.net/ Step 2. Unzip/extract the files on your PC and copy the contents of the resulting folder onto a SD card. ( Important points to note: Only copy the contents of the main folder i.e. Do not copy the resulting extracted folder named Volkswagen PersonalPOI - just copy the contents that are displayed inside that folder which is a folder named PersonalPOI and a metainfo2.txt file. Delete the readme.txt file as well as that is unnecessary. Also further note that despite trying to use 2 different usb sticks unsuccessfully only an sd card would work for me. I used the sd card which contains my music files but remember to delete the copied files off afterwards as sometimes they may prevent your music from playing and they are no longer required as they have been copied to the internal memory of the Amundsen ). Step 3. Using the "manage memory option" of the nav settings upgrade the software. Step 4. In the "map" settings chose poi categories, scroll to the bottom and the newly added items should be displayed there. Tick these to activate them. Step 5. In the "nav announcement" settings of the nav settings make sure that there is a tick in the "My POI" item. This enables an audible speedcam alert. To sum up - it's pretty easy to do and it's free and there are monthly updates on the site. On the downside - I'm not sure how reliable and up to date the database is as I've already had to manually edit and remove an out of date camera from my location. IMO the audible alert is a bit feeble and can't be changed but it's better than nothing. I'm not too fussed on the camera icons either. I hope this post is of help to others and I would like to thank the contributors of the other threads regarding this topic on this forum from whom I have gained my insight. I have compiled my own version with my preferred choice of speedcam icons limited to UK fixed cameras and traffic light cameras using the VW database on the above site which I've attached below to share if anyone wants them. Remember to only copy the files as per the above instructions. My Uk Speedcams.zip