ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

Just a heads up to let everyone know that the Skoda Update Portal has had a slight revamp and is now offering ECE 2019/2020 maps when I enter the vin number for my 2017 Amundsen MIB2 equipped Octavia. Also, it now offers the choice of downloading seven different map packages compared to the two that were offered on previous occassions. 

• Thanks 3

Just updated my system from the new portal.

Why do we now have maps for SEAT and VW on the SD card? If we only have SKODA maps then, maybe, they wouldn't have needed to split the MAP into 7 different packages!!

Otherwise, the install process is much the same as before.

From what I can gather, since Seat, VW and Skoda are part of the same group they use the same map for all of them. There is only one actual map. The files that you are seeing for the other makes of vehicles are only set up/installation files with some individual customisations for each particular brand . They have always in fact been included in the previous versions but you may not have noticed them before. I think the reason that there are now seven packages being offered is to reduce the size of the map downloads due to the size of the sd card. By offering different map combinations they can limit the size of them as each map grows in size each year.

29 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Any links for those of us with hooky retrofitted MIB2’s?? Thanks a million :D

I'm not sure if this will work:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/downloaders/STD2_1115_EU1_201920/Downloader.exe?ver=636797902467464786&extension=.exe

You will need to change the download directory folder if it does.

Edited by bigade1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigade1 said:

Ah I see :biggrin:. Glad you're sorted.

Cheers, I've literally had my vRS a month and it's my first Skoda :) hence being a slightly dumb for some things newbie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigade1 said:

I'm not sure if this will work:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/downloaders/STD2_1115_EU1_201920/Downloader.exe?ver=636797902467464786&extension=.exe

You will need to change the download directory folder if it does.

Thanks for trying, but it comes up blank sadly :wondering:  I’ll get a vin from somewhere. Should have got it from the car the nav unit came from.

Tops!

Thanks for the head’s up.

Second time I’ve updated my Amundsen, and no problems using a Mac to do it...just follow the instructions on the update portal and all should be fine.

Cheers,

Nick

I got the Amundsen MIB1 2019 maps off the VW website a few days ago (and posted the link here) by selecting Golf until 2015 and Discover Media, and didn't need a VIN.

Just downloaded the Amundsen MIB1 2019 maps from the Skoda Update Portal using my VIN and compared them - the contents are identical, just with different date stamps :thumbup:

For MIB2 maps you select Golf from 2015, and MIB2.5 Golf from 2017.

So it looks like you can get identical map updates from the VW website without needing a VIN by selecting the correct vehicle (Golf) and model year (for MIB1, MIB2 & MIB2.5) - might help some people, and the VW updates tend to appear sooner.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks for trying, but it comes up blank sadly :wondering:  I’ll get a vin from somewhere. Should have got it from the car the nav unit came from.

I just tried the link and it works fine for me.

The link downloads a file named 'downloader.exe' which is quite safe (virus checked OK).

When you run the exe file you can start the 5.81GB map download.

• Like 1

I just tried the link and it works fine for me.

The link downloads a file named 'downloader.exe' which is quite safe (virus checked OK).

When you run the exe file you can start the 5.81GB map download.

Glad it worked for you. As you say - the downloader.exe is quite safe and is a Skoda file and not mine. The Skoda site does not give any direct download links. All their maps must be downloaded using that .exe. Once they've actually downloaded I prefer to click it off and then I manually extract the file and copy the maps folder to my SD card.

Anyway, as an alternative - I believe this should be a direct download link to the same equivalent map obtained from the VW site:

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_1115_V10.7z

Edited by bigade1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks for that info, I did it on a Windows machine last time, nice to know it works fine on a Mac, saves me going to my Dad’s. I have a VIN number to use and I can get the update :)

Thanks Sasha if that was aimed at me :)

Wanted to post about the Mac bit, as I’ve seen a few posts on other threads saying it doesn’t work, however if something’s not going to work on a Mac, it’ll be when I do it, and I’ve had no problems both times I’ve updated the maps :D

I did notice a little glitch when I first went out yesterday, and it was showing the main speed limit emblem with a second emblem with a 10mph lower limit; this was on a 60mph road and 70mph dual carriageway, but it seemed to sort itself out after a little while.

Mapping and phone hotspot live traffic appear to all work well. I’ve got a good few hundred miles to cover up north next week, so it’ll get a real test then.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Cubbington
  • Like 1

What update are people downloading? From the official portal I am still getting ECE 2019 update (which makes sense timing wise after the previous 2018/2019 update and the 2018 update before that etc etc)

It seems a bit early for the ECE 2019/2020? I'd be expecting that half way through 2019

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnmb said:

can one download more than 1 MAP onto the SD Card  as you need 2 different map files if needing to include Germany and Spain  Thanks 

The whole of Western Europe is included (at least on the MIB1 maps) - which includes both Germany & Spain.

Edited by PetrolDave

10 minutes ago, flybynite said:

What update are people downloading? From the official portal I am still getting ECE 2019 update (which makes sense timing wise after the previous 2018/2019 update and the 2018 update before that etc etc)

It seems a bit early for the ECE 2019/2020? I'd be expecting that half way through 2019

You're right, only the 2019 update is currently available.