Everything posted by SomethingSuperbly
-
Full Sized Tyre as Spare
@MartiniB Thanks for the information about using 206/65R16 as a spare tyre size, I'm planning on getting mine replaced (with the Continental EcoContact 6) however I'm having trouble finding the correct steel wheel, I know it must have a PCD of 5x112 and a central bore of 57.1, but what about the offset? I have found this black steel wheel Trevble TR8667 which has an offset of 46.00 but not sure how it differs from the stock spare wheel. Any help would be appreciated.
-
Superb MK3 Headlight Distance
I've had this issue before- I think I still do actually. So do you quickly start the engine? I noticed that when I do that, the lights don't finish their "start-up dance" and remain stuck facing the immediate front of the car. Sometimes I had my car on a slight slope thinking it was a level sensor but I don't think it's got anything to do with that and more to do with myimmediately starting the engine from cold. My working solution which hasn't failed me yet is to turn the ignition on, wait until all the warning lights go off AND the lights finish their start-up routine, then start the engine.
-
Alcantara Factory Accessory - Opinions
Replacement leather wheel from factory is £600 with no buttons??? 🤯 I say stick with the leather steering wheel though obviously shop around. Some marks in the leather can be repaired with light sanding, heat and oil, probably easier than Alcantara. I've seen a Czech car parts website that list the 3 spoke leather steering wheel with buttons and DSG paddles new for under 200 euros.
-
What options are a must on the Mk 3
I got my Superb second hand, though when compared with my previous car it was all an upgrade and now there are certain things I wouldn't want to do without, such as: Heated windscreen and wing mirrors. Used it plenty of times last winter when there was ice on the screen, it really helps speed up your mornings and gets your screen clear and safe. Heated seats, though ventilated seats would've been great when it gets hot on leather seats. Auto Hold with DSG and ACC. A car of this size I feel needs both front and rear parking sensors, or the rear view camera to avoid hitting any high kerbs or low/soft obstructions like bushes or bollards. Memory seat function, since we have a self managed carpark other people might have to move my car and it's always a pain to readjust seats. One thing may be a gimmick but I would really consider as a retrofit would be a heated steering wheel.
-
All-in from Skoda - 2 year service package
I called my local dealership about this today and couldn't get it. I was told that I'll need to wait until I've used up my existing services (one remaining) and until my warranty runs out next year.
-
Hand gel damaged my steering wheel!
Today while driving back home I was wondering why my steering wheel was starting to feel grotty, sure it's been a hot and cold day, but I didn't think my hands were that sweaty to have had such an effect. When I parked up back at home I took a closer look at the steering wheel and tried to wipe it off with some interior cleaner and microfiber cloth but it started to peel, like little white specs from the top right (I usually drive with my right hand in the two o'clock position) which started to scare me. I tried using more water instead and the magic sponge, but it didn't seem to help. I don't have any leather cleaner or leather balm, though I'm eyeing up the Autoglym stuff for this but really wanted to stop the flakey, grotty feeling on the steering wheel. I imagine it'll only get worse if left untreated. Looking online, I think I believe the cause for this damage was from alcohol, specifically the alcohol hand gel I've been using so much of! And instead of making sure my hands were dry before grabbing onto the steering wheel, I thought it'd dry out, which it did but in doing so damaged the surface of the steering wheel. The only thing I was happy to confirm was that rubbing some olive oil over the damaged part seemed to have helped stopped it flaking, I can't seem to see any more white specs coming from it and it certainly stopped it from feeling grotty anymore. It's probably only just a temporary fix until I get something sorted out. At least now I'll know better than to gel up my hands before touching anything leather. Has anyone else had this issue? As a side note if anyone knows who has a round heated leather steering wheel with paddles for sale, give me a shout..
-
Retrofitting Rear camera
There's one in Redditch, VW Retrofit, another member on here had his Superb done there. Both Sasha and this place installs the high line camera with washer.
-
Loose side hanger in boot
Hi all, just a quick question about my 2017 Superb hatch. One of these side hangers in the boot has always been loose and feels like it might break off. Is there any way to safely take it off and tighten it up? I imagine there should be some sort of screw behind it. I tried using a plastic tool to pry it open but I felt like I was going to break something. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks and I hope you are all keeping safe.
-
Non-OEM reverse camera with trajectory or dynamic guidelines
Congrats on retrofitting the camera. Did you need to do any coding or was it one of those plug and play cameras?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Interesting, how'd you do it? Wouldn't this be something that would get done during a service? Also curious as to what improvements or changes there are.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I picked up these earlier in the month, the silver one was something of a gift and then the black one which I bought much later on. The silver one is pretty heavy and somewhat unfinished, you can sorta see from how huge the bracket is with the leather strap going through it, you also have your key fob indicator concealed. The black one I got from aliexpress is much nicer and feels more finished, it makes the old key fob look new (you can see how the middle buttons are kinda bulging out from use). I'm just considering if I should get a leather Superb strap from eBay to complete the look.