Skip to content

BillyParker

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BillyParker

  1. I got advisories for wall cracking on the rear tyres. OEM tyres Hankook Ventus Prime 2, fitted in 2018 and covered 30500mls. That seemed to be ok to me so have fitted again and 67 db noise. I do under 5k a year so will last me out (79 next month)
  2. I use Waze and have never seen the instructions on the dash as you describe. You can change what appears there using the green scroll button on rght side of steering wheel if that helps.
  3. I had considered changing all four but the fronts had been replaced before I got the car with Pirelli P7, and they still had over 6mm on them. The Hankooks were OEM fitted and had done over 30k, so I thought that was reasonable. I'm in Somerset so not likely to be out in snow, and I'm doing less than 5k a year. I will probably stop driving in 3 years when I hit 82, if not before then.
  4. Got an MOT advisory for rear tyres last month. Still had over 3mm but sidewalls cracked, and on the car since new in 2018, 30250 miles, fitted Hankook Ventus Prime 2, same as originals.
  5. Ok, don't know much about binary, and understand even less. But checked on Google and binary for 14 is 1110. Do you think I should enter this or just the number 14. Am I liable to really screw things up? Don't normally worry to much about tfc announcments, I use WAZE, so not a great loss if I can't get them. By the way, Radio ok this morning.
  6. Thought of putting 14 in box but I have very little experience of using OBD11 either. Didn't want to risk messing it up. Regarding the radio sound, I am leaving it off until tomorrow and see if it works then. There are a few posts on here of things malfunctioning but next time switched on is ok. If it isn't ok in the morning i'll try resetting it.
  7. Further to my last post here is what I saw
  8. I had a look at this using my OBD11. Entered 5f found TMC. Clicked on it and it came up with 15 as per stated. However when I clicked on the 15, thinking it would allow me to change it to 14 I got a white panel with three small dashes in the top left and the number 0 - 65535, and the options to click 'Cancel or OK'. Decided not to try changing this number and cancelled. Came out of OBD and found the volume on the radio had disappeared, no sound. Tried turning it up but the sound bar didn't move. Turned it down and the soundbar went down to 0 . Turned it up and sound bar didn't move. So I gotout of the car and came on here to see what others think. TIA.
  9. Sorry, didn't read post properly, I have Columbus. But for the sake of a tenner why not try it. As @Danoidsays its only a sticker although @langers2ksays it only works on Columbus. And I still use SD cards. When I bought mine it was only a couple of quid more for two than for one. So I have put a load of songs on the second one, and use that in the SD slot.
  10. I used Sandisk Ultra 64 GB / 80 MB/s class 10 which worked perfectly. Amazon, less than £10.
  11. Another recommendation for Tayna
  12. Fitted header tank this morning, only took me 35 minutes. Peace of mind now.
  13. I had this problem with it falling open, but I cured it by taking the Owners Manual out and putting it in the drawer under passenger seat. It doesn't like a lot of weight.
  14. Okeay picked up header tank today. Saw video on youtube showing it being fitted. Half hour job, but probably two hours for me. Attached pictures of tank, number on tank and number on picking slip. Don'tknow what one is the actual part number. Probably do it over the weekend. Address for youtube vid
  15. SUCCESS! Went to dealer in Weston super Mare today and spoke about bag and asked if they could get me a replacement tank. Again they initially said no it would have to be the same as originally fitted. I said I had heard that there was an updated tank, so he took VRN and went off to check. Away for about 10 mins, and then came back and said "Yes you are correct?" There was an updated tank in 2019 and again in 2020, and now they do not have the bag. So i have ordered one @ £37.80 and will fit myself. (After checking there is definitly no bag)
  16. Its the same as this, inside the coolant return pipe. Can't get into it because of the bend in the pipe. This may be a later model and if it bursts in the pipe it may not get washed into the system.
  17. I went to dealers this morning to get them to add change of header tank to tasks to do with the service. They told me all they can do is take the original header tank out and replace it with a new header tank, COMPLETE WITH SILICON BAG! I queried this and they say they can only fit what was on the car originally. I says so ok, can I buy a header tank and fit it myself, and again yes but the new header tank will have a silicon bag. Doesn't make sense. Anyone know the email address for SKODA UK, and I'll contact them direct
  18. There is a seller on ebay, Glavanesti, who will down load you a copy of your specs, costs £2.62 which is cheaper and less hassle than Erwin.
  19. Thanks for comments. I've decided to get them to take thwe bag out or replace the whole header tank, when its in for service at the end of the month. Incidentally, on Wed I travelled from Somerset to Dundee for a funeral, and came back today, for a total of around 1000 miles. The car never missed a beat. And the ACC is incredible. Hit a few patches of congestion and it brought me to a halt when necessary and continued again when we started moving.
  20. Had my 2018 Executive for 11 months now (June 2022) Bought from and booked in to main dealer for service/MOT end of the May. Also getting a bit concerned about Silica bag,, considering getting them to change header tank when service is getting done. Thinking about a service plan as it includes warranty and recovery. But although my dealer seems ok, and sorted out the only problem I had with it under the warranty, there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm from forum members for main dealers.
  21. i think if you change from EFB to AGM it is best to get it coded. EFB is coded EFB and AGM coded Fleece. Don't think AH is so critical, maybe only 67ah tp 70ah. ( Disclaimer I'm probably wrong)
  22. @SomethingSuperblyI think you only need credits for OBDeleven if you use their built in apps. The adaptation for the battery doesn't need credits if I recall. If so you won't need to buy the Pro version
  23. @SomethingSuperbly, I have the pro version. Did adaption through gateway 19 like you say. Mine is AGM so changed type to 'Fleece', for the battery serial number I put in the date preceded by zeros ie 15 Dec 2022 would be 0015122022. I have used the app credits for a couple of things, like increasing number of comfort flashes, more responsive throttle, and had no problems.
  24. I changed OEM EFB bty to AGM from Tayna. 096 Enduroline stop/start battery - £121.33. Coded with OBDeleven as changed from EFB to AGM and 68 to 70ah. Took longer changing battery than coding it. That was Dec last year and had no problems at all.
  25. Well thanks for all the replies. went out today and tried changing the volume when the radio muted and.....it worked! So now I shouldn't get lost anymore, but don't count on it. lol

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.