Everything posted by spcdust
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
That's encouraging. My SEL First Edition is in the workshop today to get the 1941 update (was unable to get OTA as one of the issues was not being able to become a Primary User). Long list of issues with the Infotainment system but really hope this sorts it out.
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
Car is at the dealership today - I printed out a full list of symptoms, referred to the TPI and printed that out, also suggested that they may need to update the SOS module firmware (or even replace it). Let's see how it comes back.
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
Anyone think there's merit in turning up at Dealership armed with this TPI: Basically want to let them know that I won't be fobbed off with half arsed solution.
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
Exactly my worry, it comes to something when you have there's such a dis-trust in the dealership network that you assume they will do the bare minimum and fob you off. I guess it varies between dealership but I also find if the workshop is busy then service levels drop dramatically.
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
Good to know and backs up what I thought - the SOS unit needs some extra attention wether that's a firmware update or replacement. I am going to leave a printed note in the car detailing all the issues and "pointers" for what they need to do. If I just tell the person on the desk it won't get passed on down to the workshop who will often just do the bare minimum if they are busy.
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
Thanks - good advice. That’s precisely my concern, they just apply an update without considering the bigger picture in terms of individual parts firmware updates. Will read through that thread as well but, Just to clarify, in case I don’t pick up the relevant info - which module should I make sure they update and what is a TPI?
-
Space Saver Spare Wheel Securing Mount Bolt
Many thanks for checking. Think I'll order the one I linked to as more convenient that dealership visit. If the image is accurate I think it should fit as the central "bolt" screws down the thread which, in turn, will hold the wheel in place. I previously ordered one where it was one complete unit and the bolt was fixed/moulded at the top of the thread.
-
Space Saver Spare Wheel Securing Mount Bolt
I have the Estate Mk4
-
Space Saver Spare Wheel Securing Mount Bolt
Have a space saver wheel that I need to secure in the boot, however having some problems figuring out which securing bolt is compatible as all suppliers cannot 100% guarantee based on VIN number. I have found this one which may fit? https://www.partshaus.co.uk/products/vw-audi-skoda-seat-spare-wheel-securing-mount-bolt-127mm-5q0803899?variant=44234860658916 Anyone here done the same and can confirm which part number will work? Many thanks
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
That should read "....predictably the SOS system had gone offline"
-
Infotainment Issues - Booked In To Skoda Workshop - Any Advice?
Octavia Estate Mk4 SEL First Edition SEL (2021) Hardware: H56 Software: 1896 Display Unit /control panel hardware: H44 Display Unit /control panel hardware:: 2088 Navigation Database: 23.8 Media Codec: 3.1.4 Appreciate the long road many have had to navigate to get their Infotainment system to work and, being a relatively new owner of a Skoda Approved Used car need to sort out the mess that I have. Booked in with Skoda dealership, under original manufacturer warranty, to sort, which I know will likely just be a software update to 1941. Probably going to have to suck up software update solution initially, which I am not 100% convinced alone is the full answer. Any advice others can offer as, to be honest, I really wonder wether it needs a replacement MCU, SOS module or other hardware replaced. The prospect of repeat visits to workshop to get issues resolved is far from ideal. These are the list of issues: 1. Reboots once or twice (Usually at start of journey). 2. Double pop noise from the dashboard (every journey). 3. SOS unit becoming non functioning / going "offline" (virtually every journey) 4. SAT Nav randomly goes haywire offsetting position of vehicle by 100 - 300 metres approximately for duration of journey - applies to built in Sat Nav and also Carplay Tom Tom Go. Required forced reboot (On occasion). 5. Unable to become Primary User (Constant). 6. Settings taking a long time to load or fail to load completely requiring forced reboot (Periodically). 7. Sometime system hangs completely and solution seems to be holding SOS button in for over a minute which seems to force a reboot (Occasionally). It's such a great car and Infotainment system is fine, when it works, but it is currently so unreliable that it detracts from the enjoyment of driving the car. It's also a safety issue as the other day I was on a long drive, predictably the Infotainment system had gone offline but later in the journey the Sat Nav went haywaire. Tried rebooting using the On/Off button but repeatedly got stuck on Loading settings. Only solution was to press the SOS button for over a minute which rebooted system and then reboot using On/Off button. A time consuming process and not ideal driving on the M4 motorway. Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance.