Skip to content

whippersnapper

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by whippersnapper

  1. didn't make any difference using another key. I tried just firing the system to reboot and then the animation stuff was turned off. Turned it back on and now it works fine.
  2. My car is 3 weeks old. I’m having the same problem. It hasn’t locked a few times when I’ve walked away. Now I sort of have to look back and make sure I see the mirrors fold back t9 know it’s working. The car will chirp once and then lock. Occasionally I’ve heard it chirp twice which seems to indicate a problem. I’ve had the car parked at the airport for a week and now it seems the wake-up animation isn’t working either. I tried turning it off and back on but didn’t seem to do much. I’ll also try another key tomorrow to see if that is something t9 do with it.
  3. I wonder if it’s a choice of market thing. My car was delivered a few weeks ago in NZ, hard to imagine they are still making it with a Skoda logo after all this time. The 4.5 has been available in other markets for quite awhile
  4. Thanks for whoever mentioned that some cars still have a Skoda badge on the steering wheel instead of SKODA spelt out. Hadn’t noticed before but mine has the old badge. Hardly that big of a deal but I prefer a logo to the words
  5. Congrats buddy. I’ve had my race blue combi for 3 weeks and I’m loving it.
  6. Depends on which country you are in. Here in New Zealand the tablet holder is standard.
  7. Nice. I got a race blue wagon. They are quite well specced as standard but have Canton and the electric alcantara / leather seats. if I’d ordered I would have added the extra sound insulation glass and sunroof although admittedly the sunroof is just heavier and a potential source of problems but it looks cool 😎
  8. I got told the same thing in NZ pretty much six months from order to delivery. As a result I took a car out of inventory rather than ordered it
  9. Yes you can’t go off the brochure which showcases the range and have to look at the spec sheet for your market. For example in NZ KESSY is on all doors, the fancy rear headrests are part of an optional package.
  10. There is definitely no sound actuator as others have said and confirmed by the chief engineer. I am on the fence as to whether some of the pops on the overrun in sport mode are fake coming through the stereo. I’m not 100% sure but I’m pretty certain you get them in sport mode and in no other modes (even with dsg in sport settings). Either way it hardly matters, it sounds much better than the mark 4.
  11. Yes it goes from meh to pretty nice rims!
  12. Sounds like DSG mechatronic issues.
  13. My car (4.5) came standard with it. It was one of the reasons we liked the car so much as so many models don’t have any spare these days.
  14. Not that I know of but I’m new to Skoda. Maybe as a work around you could try putting the car in neutral N and applying the parking brake and you won’t get the same warning?
  15. I would think so, but I do think you are unnecessarily worrying. Its not going to hurt the car for it to be revved even to the fuel cut out as long as its not done when the engine is completely cold.
  16. Agreed. I do like how fast the DSG it goes from D to R too. My last car was an auto and there is always quite a delay between selecting R from D and being able to move.
  17. The Octavia is my first car with the tiny shifter thing. To be honest I've found it quick and very intuitive to use and don't have any issues with it. The P being at the top is just where you'd shift an old style lever to.
  18. If the car is left for an hour the engine will still be warm
  19. You would think it would cost more to have the option or not and out the light in or not than the minor saving of not making the Qi charger standard.
  20. Thanks SkoMk4. I understood the distinction between the transmission P and the EPB. It had been surprised a few times when I thought the EPB was automatically applied and then a few times when it wasn’t. The difference was indeed the auto hold button which I usually have on but take off when I reverse into my garage because there is a decline leading up to it and I want the car to roll down against the brake not stop itself.
  21. This is related to the spec each market decides on. I’ve just taken delivery of my 4.5 and it has keyless entry on all 4 doors but I tend to use the proximity auto lock / unlock anyway.
  22. according to this thread the parts are: Nut covers: 000071215P UZ7 (Glossy grey) Centre caps: 5E0601151 FOD mine were supplied by the dealer on delivery as I asked for the covers to be removed.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.