Everything posted by Benja77
- Park Assist retrofit: car doesn'r appear on screen
-
Retrofits update
Hi have MIB3 High
-
Retrofits update
CCS?? You mean normal Cruise Control (the 3rd type)? If this, I will! Hope the screen swap will be possible!
-
Retrofits update
New update: After a couple of replacements of the spiral rings and the steering column (both purchased separately, the steering column switch), the third attempt (with the steering column and steering column from another Karoq) worked flawlessly, and I restored EVERYTHING, and still EVERYTHING works even better than before! I also replaced the understeer control unit, the one that controls the Travel Assist, because from what I've read around/seen on YouTube, it's due to the sporadic TA malfunction, and so far I'm not experiencing any problems. I also purchased another chip on Aliexpress that allows semi-autonomous driving (level 2, like the one I already have) for a longer duration of up to 8 minutes, if not unlimited, but I preferred not to install it for two reasons: 1) If it works now, I didn't want to disassemble everything again if the new one didn't work; 2) The new chip is for the MQB Evo: the guy in the video who recommended it has a Golf 8 GTI and, according to him, there are no incompatibilities. This chip comes, as mentioned, from AE, and the reviews are still very favorable! Seeing BS working is awesome too! Seeing all the ADAS active (third photo) is certainly impressive...!
-
Help on retrofit of front/rear heated seats
Nothing?
-
Help on retrofit of front/rear heated seats
Hi there! I’m going to retrofit the heated seats on my car, or better I already did on the front ones and with new year I’m going to install the resistances in the rear ones. About the front ones, they initially didn’t work than I realized the first mechanic connected them on J519 (in BCM) but don’t know to which pin without putting the 25A fuse on position 26 of the fuse box; I also discovered (thanks to the second mechanic? he didn’t put any relay (it should be the one with part number 3T0959772B, see the first pic) which controls how much the seats must be warm. Always the second mechanic, the one who make the blind spot retrofit working, cut out the harness (in a point where he can eventually weld it again easily) and make them work thanks to a temporary relay (it was the end of the day and he want me to test them), as he told me the OEM relay has no connector for the harness coming from BCM, seats and climatronic panel and that goes on the relay of the first pic: this means I now have front heated seats which are just hot or cold, fine for these cold days but not for after them. So my questions are: does anyone know the part number for the small connector (the one one circled on the second pic) and which is it the right harness color/order to connect all the interested parts? Or is it the relay When I’ll connect the harness for the rear seats on the J786 with another 25A on position 51 of the fuse box, do I need a second relay with part number 3T0959772B or the first one is enough? I in fact noticed the relay has (see third pic): 4 big connectors and, in my opinion, they’re 2 positives and 2 negatives to connect harness to BCM/fuse box) which turn on/off the heating 12 small connectors for the heating levels of the seats, and since they (the levels) are 3 they’re exactly for 4 seats, and the central rear one is not heated. Can anyone help/correct me? Meanwhile happy 2026
- Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
- Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
- Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
- Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
- Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
-
Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
I unzipped the file using Windows explorer, so it looks like is NOT the right program to build the right “tree-line” in the root; even if I use a reversible USB C/A pen drive formatted as ex-fat. I’ll try to build the right tree-line based on the linked post. Attached is how I see actual tree-line So I need to make folders named MIB31_EUFB11 — MIB31_EUFB11001 — MIB31_EUFB11002 … — MIB31_EUFB11901 MIB31_EUFB12 — MIB31_EUFB12001 — MIB31_EUFB12002 … — MIB31_EUFB12901 etc. right?
-
Mib3 Map Updates 2025.02-06
Hi and merry X-mas everybody! What I don't get if I have to copy the main folder with all the subfolder inside OR all the subfolder in the main root; last but not least: if I enter in the Engineering menu (pressing and holding MENU button) system asks me to update the maps but nothing changes, except I saw the firmware version to be updated only when car is parked (but it didnt' change anything after a 2h trip) otherwise, while moving nothing chjanges
- Automatic door protectors retrofit: is it possible?
- Front sequential side turns
-
Front sequential side turns
Is it possible to cide dynamic/sequential front turns?
-
Front sequential side turns
Hi there! My 2022 FL Karoq has rear sequential side turn, feature which I like very much; I recently bought those that goes on the mirrors' caps BUT I was wandering: it it possible to make also the front ones? Car is factory equipped with Matrix headlights and I saw positioning lights are the same where front side turns are! Ben
-
Blind Spot Detection
@croquemonsieur just have a look, sometimes, on site for spare parts, the right deal will come!
-
Blind Spot Detection
3 years sorry, as the car was produced on 3/2022 and I own from 12/2024
-
Blind Spot Detection
@croquemonsieur It was not easy, You're right! I was lucky I found the mirrors with side cameras used and in very good conditions and very affordable price (450 EUR shipped for both, while one costs over 6/700), apart the motor for the right glass, which I replaced from the old one. What makes me, let's say, "angry" was the behaviour of the first mechanic: he kept the car in the workshop for 4 weeks and he put hands on it for less than one, when he gave it back to me, several ADAS not working (when I brought the car they did) and didn't want to solve the problems (but he wanted to be paid as he had done the whole job) and he did not! wanted to put a different sound amplifier from that one we agreed saying it was more powerful (but it wasn't and it was out of production since 3 years!), put the power line of the master radar on the slave one and didn't want to admit he was wrong! The second one, instead, asked me (in proportion) less than half from the first one and spent almost 2 weeks trying to fix all the mess of the first one, reconstructing all the can and power lines, confrontating all the time with me with a friend of mine who knows quite well OBD11 and VCDS, and, not less important, he told me that thanks to this retrofit he learned on VAG cars as never. Last but not least, before making the retrofits (and if You read my posts You know how many I did!) I informed if I can make them and what pulled me is also the fact I got an ex-demo/test ride car, owned by dealer and sold at almot half of the price if bought new (and without all the extras I found instead, like the travel assist, the virtual pedal just to say some of them) with very few km on the meter (25.000 in 4 years!)
-
Blind Spot Detection
Between having or not having it, I'd choose having! if I found it distracting I'd simply disable it...
-
Blind Spot Detection
I retrofitted on my Style (the line before the Sportline) and it works fine, apart the time lost to find the right way to retrofit it! I also have retrofitted the park assist and the area view 360°, and combination of cameras and sensor is just priceless!
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
-
Blind spot assist retrofit
Putting the B version I had no problem (they have NO protection), even if those I put were initially fitted on Kamiq (car 20cm circa shorter than those parametrized for Karoq). I think that flashing the right dataset I should solve that "problem" (if we wanna consider a problem): however I noticed that the area covered by the radars is pretty wide, they see up to 50m (if not more on freeway)! Furhermore since I installed them, I noticed the exit alert ADAS funtion appeared on the ADAS list on virtual cockpit! I also noticed that the area covered from the radars appeared on the car when OPS is engaged as well from the area view
-
Blind spot assist retrofit
I know it’s the Octavia section, but let me share this joy of mine! The retrofit works!! Reason for which it didn’t before it’s because the first mechanic passed the harness on the LEFT side of the car instead of the RIGHT one (after reading so many posts/threads I never found such clue) and the second mechanic had to have to check the whole harness! Curiously, Lane Assist, Light Assist with Auto Hi-beam, Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Cruise Control are not available and the become so only disconnecting proper the Blind Spot: I believe it’s matter of coding the front camera! But the fact the retrofit works is even more of what I can imagine! 38f547af-8b82-4c3a-b994-b64380dd2320.mov