Everything posted by Benja77
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Not yet
-
Tow bar, heated steering wheel and harnesses
Hi there, today i got a reply from my supplier about the tow bar (I almost forgot it as I did almost 6 months ago!). He proposed me the Skoda Kit, including everything to fit on my car, that means control unit (coded), bolts, switch and harness. Looking for what these parts are, I read there’s harness for car WITH heated steering wheel and car WITHOUT: can someone explain me which is the connection between the heated steering wheel and and tow bar? As You also know, I’m trying to retrofit the heated but I’d like to know what it may happen if I install the tow bar without the proper harness for the steering wheel.
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Did You make the coding suggested by @Cairus ? Or if not, which did You do?
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Yes! but @JR RS doesn't have the VC; however I sent the coding You provided me (thank You for it) to the mechanic. As long as he'll try I'll let You know! For @JR RS : You can find this voice into the "vehicle status" on the menu of the Cockpit Cluster?
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Exactly as me; I thought there was a way to show the pressure even when a tire (or more than one) doesn’t loose pressure
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Mine is 2022; have to check via obd11 if this coding leaves it permanently
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Thanks! On Karoq I didn't see this voice (of course in English or Italian); looks like is not supported but I'll look better
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Having MIB3 too?
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
You mean I can see on the infotainment and virtual cockpit simultaneously? In my case I can see always from infotainment and on vc only when one or more tire has a different pressure from the one stored
-
Rear heated seats and Varioflex: where the harness pass?
I know it’s not; I just wanted to know where passing the harness
-
Rear heated seats and Varioflex: where the harness pass?
I do have SAME connector under rear seats, see attached pic, but I didn’t understand if I need to connect the harness in the free spaces of the connector itself or if they have to pass somewhere else and how they connect with control unit in front of central seat (pictured too) and where the heating module connects too
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
Did You, or the mechanic, activate the sensors once fitted on the car?
- Blind spot assist retrofit
- Blind spot assist retrofit
- Blind spot assist retrofit
-
Blind Spot on Mirror AND Housing
Hi there! Some time ago I watched a video of a guy who made a custom retrofit of the Blind Spot on his Golf, adding the light position of it from the Glass to the Housing: he did a bypass of the harness and, in this way he had both of the lights to inform him (from housing) as well the overtaking car from the mirror. Is there anyone who has the Blind Spot light INSIDE the mirror? if YES can he provide me his/her VIN so I can see what's the part number (I don't ask to remove the glass to avoid to break it!)? Better if the glass is power, heated, dimmable and for LHD Car! Thanks! Ben
-
Retrofits update
Another update: yesterday new mechanic sent me a video, saying everything was restored before the latest retrofits (heated steering wheel and seats). Now everything is working, he will try to enable the Blind Spot (Side Assist) and replacing the Steering ring for heating specific for the Karoq (the one with L at the end). He also told me old mechanic, didn't connect all the plugs between ring and steering wheel (that's why there was no communication with BCM), left several harness unconnected and/or cut and/or bad connected to the gateway and dunno what else! So it looks like the BS project will litterally see the light! Thank You for supporting and inspiring me! Ben
-
Retrofit of Direct TPMS: which are it the COMFORT and WITH TRAILER pressures?
Thank You
-
Retrofit of Direct TPMS: which are it the COMFORT and WITH TRAILER pressures?
On which rim? 18/17/19/16? usually how's the weather where You live? here (Rome) it's pretrty variable, from hot to cold
-
Retrofit of Direct TPMS: which are it the COMFORT and WITH TRAILER pressures?
Same pressure on all wheels for each parameter?
-
Retrofit of Direct TPMS: which are it the COMFORT and WITH TRAILER pressures?
As many user of the forum, like @JR RS , I retrofit the Direct TPMS on my Karoq, definetly more useful than OEM one! I also generate the file for VCP/Odis/Binary in order to update to the control unit!, using the label on the Fuel lid (see attached file), so depending on the tyres/rims and weight I fitted on the car I can choose right pressure, just changing the wheels (on which I installed the sensors of course). Only doubt I have is seeing the label, it refers only to STANDARD (upto 3 people and moderate luggage) and FULLY LOADED (upto 5 person and full luggage): is there a specific pressure for COMFORT (usualy we travel in 2 and with few pieces of luggage) and eventually WITH TRAILER (as I'm planning to retrofit it in the future)? Of course I refere to the pressure for all the wheels size, that means: 16, 17, 18 and 19 inches rims
-
Rear heated seats and Varioflex: where the harness pass?
Thank You @chills ! As long as Retire the car from mechanic, I’ll see what’s under the seats; same for the harness (it’s the kit for Golf 7/7.5 that fits at least for the front ones)
-
Rear heated seats and Varioflex: where the harness pass?
Easy, take Your time
-
How to: Travel Assist and Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit
Hi I'm facing the same problem, after replacing the factory ring with the 5Q1953569K my ACC/Lane assist stopped working on my 2022 Karoq: it gives me as errror "Travel Assist and Lane Assist temporay not available" --> how did You solve it? It looks like the wheel doesn't communicaty with BCM Before retrofitting the heated steering wheel with paddles, I replaced once before with normal wheel (not heated) with paddles (factory wheel has not paddles). I also have some column stalk as Yours. With heated sw, all the other commands/buttons work fine!
-
Rear heated seats and Varioflex: where the harness pass?
Thanks!