Skip to content

Rustynuts

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rustynuts

  1. You'd best post a pic of the actual unit. If it's aftermarket then it will not be a Columbus, no matter what the garage tells you
  2. Rustynuts replied to Fabcol's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Tayna also sell on eBay, same price but with free shipping. And a bit of Quidco too.
  3. Rustynuts replied to Fabcol's topic in Skoda Yeti
    https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/e39/
  4. The Gen 6 Haldex will be first fitted to the Mk8 Golf. It's not relevant to Yetis of any age.
  5. So stop me if I'm missing something here. They charged you £60 to tell you that the diff casing is cracked?
  6. Nothing I can help with in this thread. Your unit is an MIB unit, and this thread isn't for those units.
  7. I have a photo which has suffered damage in the frame and I'd like it restored & reprinted. I don't suppose anyone here offers such a service do they? Cheers.
  8. Following on from the wife leaving and taking the Tiguan (just to rub salt into a very open wound), it dawned on me that I could now buy myself a car, rather than buy her one. Don't fret too much, I'm keeping the Yeti as the works car and I've been looking for my ideal weekend / personal enjoyment car. This weekend I found it... It was a little more expensive than I wanted to pay, but it was the best colour I'd seen (Quartz Grey) and the spec list was immense. Front & rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, B & O Sound System, Multimedia package (DVD drive and 2 sd card slots, ipod/usb connection), full cream leather, electric adjustable seats with drivers memory function, paddle shift on the steering wheel, rear window electric blind, front AND rear heated seats, folding and auto-dimming door mirrors and auto-dimming interior mirror, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten... It's the 3.0ltr TDI Quattro but it's not the S Line. Someone has thoughtfully added S Line badges to the wings and installed an S Line steering wheel though, just for a nice touch. Happy motoring.
  9. A few members have had repairs carried out by me over the past few months so I thought it'd be better to post in here. I repair and /or sell Columbus units (and the VW version RNS510) in my spare time. Possible repairs start at security code retrieval, through software re-installs and upgrades, to component replacement such as hard drives, radio boards, dvd drives, replacement touchscreens, etc. and complete replacement units if beyond repair. So if your Columbus has a fault, screen been damaged by some means, sat nav lost its way, or any such issue, drop me a message and it's possibly fixable. You'll need to get the unit to me in North Yorks obviously, and postage both ways will be your cost. If it's beyond economic repair or you decide not to go ahead with any repairs once diagnosed, then just return postage and a small charge for diagnostics will apply. If you're local then you're welcome to drop in and collect etc. at mutual convenience (don't forget, we have real lives to live as well as work). I aim to be as cheap as possible really and all prices are based on what it costs me and my time . It's a service for Briskoda members only, and as a bonus I'll offer discounts for full Freedom members. Simply join Freedom and the discount will be applicable. Common faults are damaged or scratched screens, satellites not found, no sound, boot errors (unit rebooting or failure to start, white or black screen), dvd drive failed or noisy, complete failure (no activity at all), and software problems. Not all faults are repairable, and the largest number of faults I deal with are failed software updates (second to damaged screens). If you've tried updating your unit and it's dead, then it may be that you've made yourself a paperweight or a door stop. Please note, the earlier LCD units are not something I repair or deal with I'm afraid. Spare parts availability (or lack of), and the fragile nature of the units means it's not practical to repair them. All Columbus units are now shipping with V16 maps installed. I can now also replace touchscreen displays from the MIB Amundsen and Columbus units.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.