Skip to content

b1ackb1rd

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by b1ackb1rd

  1. Does the 170 have a bigger intake than the 110 ?
  2. To assist with a retro-fit project, can I ask anyone with a 2010 Yeti with factory fitted MFSW for the steering wheel part number (and VCDS coding screenshot if you have them)? Thanks
  3. A 2010 S won't have maxidot unless it's been retrofitted (my current project), the simple test is to open a door and see if you get a full outline of the car with the correct door showing as open, or a little red symbol in the clocks
  4. Does anyone have a 2010 Yeti, a MFSW and VCDS who can let me have the part number for their MFSW off a scan, or paste the steering wheel screenshot please? There are no many versions of the steering wheel, buttons and control module so I'd like to ensure I get one that fits. Thanks
  5. God no! Don't use molegrips! If you are VERY careful you could start the movement of the bulb holder by pushing gently with a long thin screwdriver.
  6. I've just fitted h7 bulbs to our 2007 Scout, it IS simple - you just need strong fingers to twist the bulb holder as there's no room to move your wrist
  7. I have the throttle pedal issue that plagued Roomies and Fabia 2's, idle is 1000rpm. Can anyone advise a part number for a later revision that will work ? Thanks
  8. I think you can get a storage box to fit on that rack which is useful as the Yeti boot is somewhat lacking
  9. The owner may not be sure what engine is in the car, but you can bet a lifetime's wages that the Vehicle Excise people know down to the last penny what they are owed - check what road tax you are paying against the CO2 figures.
  10. Probably best to get it from Skoda, give them your VRM and you'll get the correct loom based upon the spec of the car when it left the factory As a guide, I paid (from memory) £65ish for a new door loom from VW for a 55 plate Touran, last year
  11. Roomster and Fabia 2 headlamps are notoriously bad, HID's are the frequently trotted out remedy - but they give errors in the swinging headlamp system. Our Roomster currently has a set of ECP xenon blue h7s fitted, they are due to be changed for a set of 150% xenons
  12. Disconnect the battery overnight if you intend to remove the airbag - you'll also need a wide(ish) short handled screwdriver and a small mirror to be able to see the catches that need to be released
  13. I'm not up on the RCD310 as I wanted the ability to put 64Gb of music on an SD card. If there's internal BT there will be a proper BT address on the label - not in blank like this 00:00:00
  14. If you want BT as well, make sure you look on the label for a valid BT address, not just a row of zeros. I updated the maps to 2020 spec with an SD card off ebay for £25. Then you'll need one of those GPS modules with 3m of cable and a fakra connection on the end (£5 on ebay) , they are usually magnetic and fit neatly under the A pillar trim
  15. I have an RNS315DAB in my Scout which fits perfectly
  16. I know this subject has been done to death, but most threads asking this question seem to get hijacked by HID posts. Anyway, I have a 2007 Scout with single H7 bulbs in projector lights, I've tried 35w HID's (personally I wasn't too impressed but better than standard) however, they caused an error in the swinging headlamp feature that caused a recent MOT fail, so they are now out. Standard 'supermarket' H7 bulbs are terrifying on the lanes where I live. Has anyone had any success with uprated H7 bulbs, LED bulbs? Or even a swap back to 'normal' H4 headlamps?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.