Protest on fuel duty IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

silverainbow

I think we should all sign the petition it'll only take a few moments of your time and wont hurt you !

There was only 7000 odd signatures when I did my bit and how big is the population of the UK?, out of that population how many of us are vehicle owner / drivers / road users ?

When the second world war was upon us did we all just roll over and let Hitler have his way despite Germany being just how much bigger and mightier than own tiny little Island?, ERM NO !,We fought the ******* and yet now our own government is trying to take away so many of the freedoms and rights our predecessors fought for we do what ?

Perhaps I'm taking this all a bit out of context but as an individual I'm entitled to my opinion

I'm all for having a go however futile it may be

ive signed it, but we all know there is a good chance it wont even be acted on by the government. However we have to voice concern as it makes everything rise including food and clothing not just your weekly fill up.

We're paying £1.46ppl for both Diesel and Unleaded!!!!! I think something has to be done about it, we're really thinking about getting our own tank 1000 litres, including delivery works out at 77.9ppl so we're going to save long term - if we can afford the tank, the hose, and the bulk buy in the first place - problem now is that my car is diesel, wifes will be petrol :( So if you think about it, if joe public can buy bulk for way cheaper at the pumps, including delivery and duty, the petrol stations are making a vast profit!!!! :mad: bring back the blockades, the strikes, grind everything to a hault again, tumble down the present goverment, and lets see normal fuel prices!

We're paying £1.46ppl for both Diesel and Unleaded!!!!! I think something has to be done about it, we're really thinking about getting our own tank 1000 litres, including delivery works out at 77.9ppl so we're going to save long term - if we can afford the tank, the hose, and the bulk buy in the first place - problem now is that my car is diesel, wifes will be petrol :( So if you think about it, if joe public can buy bulk for way cheaper at the pumps, including delivery and duty, the petrol stations are making a vast profit!!!! :mad: bring back the blockades, the strikes, grind everything to a hault again, tumble down the present goverment, and lets see normal fuel prices!

Your figures don't seem right at all.

Where are you that fuel is 20 to 30p more than the rest of us , and where can you bulk buy road fuel for 78p?

I can assure you that petrol stations definintely aren't making 60p a litre

When we first move up here a few years ago, the fuel was already £1.00/litre down south was paying in the high 80's.

As for bulk fuel, our friends have just got their own diesel tank up and running due to the high price at the pumps, and that's what they're paying! :confused: On mainland Orkney the price of fuel is £1.32ppl - the annoying thing is, Orkney gets it's fuel from England, when only a stones throw away we have the pipe work, vast storage tanks, and have ship to ship transfers! :(

Anyone converted a Skoda to water? ;)