2.5 V6 TDI Engine issues?

I have seen a number of posts on this forum about the reliability of the 2.5 V6 Engine. My understanding is that this is the same engine in the Audi A6?

Interestingly I have searched the VW Audi forums for any problems with the 2.5 V6 engine A4 and A6. Nothing in terms of engines giving up completely just the run of the mill issues. Of course the water ingress is listed many times as we all know on this forum. Was there anything different in the A4 and A6 2.5 V6 diesel engines compared to the Superb as I find it strange there are no posts on the subject for Audi?

I can't answer the Audi question (although when I had a company A6 a few years ago it had a 2.5 tdi engine - no idea if it's the same one)

In terms of reliability:

44K on variable servicing (just had its second service). No problems at all. Ran it to Manchester and back on Friday with the cruise set to 80. Returned 52 mpg (indicated in Maxidot).

It makes such a nice noise at well!

But why do Audi 2.5 V6 Diesels seem to be ok - no mention of any problems on their forums. I can't believe it is a different engine as when I was looking to buy the Superb - both Skoda nd Audi dealers said is was the same engine in the A6 and Superb. Could it be the way it is fitted by Skoda???

Same engine, I had the same issues with diesel pumps, water pumps, cambelts, alternators, injectors, turbos an oil leaks from just about everywhere on Audi A4 and A6. Not many engines destroying themselves, but then at the time variable servicing wasnt about, maybe a connection?

Fuel pumps, water pumps, alternators, injectors, oil leaks, belts etc etc are unaffected by longlife servicing.

My personal view is that the top end failures (cams and followers) are not caused by it either, but by the time I got to that stage of my investigation I had decided I didn't want anything to do with this engine, so stopped digging around.

I believe VAG have now axed it.

rotodiesel.

• 2 years later...

hello guys, I need help. (ANNOYING NOISE FROM THE BONNET)

This happens after a while, when I drive for more than one hour or so. I hear this annoying noise when I rev the engine even a little. Sounds like a wind in the bonnet. Other than that it drives really well, and I love it.

Thanks.

hello guys, I need help. (ANNOYING NOISE FROM THE BONNET)

This happens after a while, when I drive for more than one hour or so. I hear this annoying noise when I rev the engine even a little. Sounds like a wind in the bonnet. Other than that it drives really well, and I love it.

Thanks.

Turbo? :giggle: