How easy to get the turbo off???

Never really been under the bonnet on our Furby, now its developing turbo issues and having seen the guide for vane cleaning I wonder how easy/long to remove the turbo.

Any advice welcome as I've done a search and cant find a single pic on here.

Cheers

AC:O

Easy peasy,

TIP off

Inlet manifold off

Exhaust down pipe off

Oil feed off

12mm nuts holding turbo on, take off

oil drain and bottom bracket off from under neath

turbo out from above.

youll need to fit a new gasket for the inlet and turbo manifold when re-assembling

Easy peasy,

TIP off

Inlet manifold off

Exhaust down pipe off

Oil feed off

12mm nuts holding turbo on, take off

oil drain and bottom bracket off from under neath

turbo out from above.

youll need to fit a new gasket for the inlet and turbo manifold when re-assembling

45mins is my PB on it.

We get them out from below, remove the drive shaft. Whats the problem with the org one?? There is very little you can do with the stock KKK KP39, as there are no service parts available for them

We get them out from below, remove the drive shaft. Whats the problem with the org one?? There is very little you can do with the stock KKK KP39, as there are no service parts available for them

The car looses power or the ECU light comes on, its chucking up a fault code that the dealer translates into a £1200 turbo replacement.

AC:eek:

Its so much easier to do from above, then you dont have to replace the driveshaft bolts and locking washers ;)

The car looses power or the ECU light comes on, its chucking up a fault code that the dealer translates into a £1200 turbo replacement.

AC:eek:

I don't want to doubt your dealer's opinion but if you're in Lincs you're not that far from Jabbasport. Get it booked in for their opinion, they were fantastic when I had issues with my turbo.

I don't want to doubt your dealer's opinion but if you're in Lincs you're not that far from Jabbasport. Get it booked in for their opinion, they were fantastic when I had issues with my turbo.

If it was my car then it would be off to Jabba for a hybrid and FMIC but as its the wifes and she wont swap for my STI looking for options that aint gonna cost a bomb.

Cheers

AC;)

To be honest most the ones we have changed the turbo on needed a clutch as well, thats why we have done them from under the car.

Fair enough matey, never owned a car long enough that it needed a clutch, never mind a new turbo at 38,000 miles!!

AC:mad:

We have done a couple of Turbos on Fabias at work but not enough to say its common (a la Octavia!)

Mine had an issue about 2 weeks ago now too...seemed as though the vanes stuck, but was ok once restarted...!

Ho-Hum!

Hope you get it sorted mate!

We have done a couple of Turbos on Fabias at work but not enough to say its common (a la Octavia!)

Mine had an issue about 2 weeks ago now too...seemed as though the vanes stuck, but was ok once restarted...!

Ho-Hum!

Hope you get it sorted mate!

Cheers Steve,

Unfortunately the timing is all wrong as we go on hols soon so no free cash, also not sure if I want another KKK on if they are as fault ridden as I read on here.

No doubt i'll be seeing you soon for something or another

AC:thumbup: