Sympathy Please!

Phil-E

Hey there chaps. Just a quick one really. Im laid here in my hospital bed typing on a very hard and awkward little keyboard. This is also the reason why there isn't any new lines in this post as it won't seem to let me do that! Was admited earlier on today for a small operation to remove an infected in-growing hair but have to stay over night so i can have it re-dressed tomorrow. At least i have my own room with TV and internet. Anyone else been in hospital lately? Phil

Over night stay for in ingrowing hair :eek:

Swmbo had quite major surgery and out the same day!!

Have a comfortable night :thumbup:

Lol... yup quite bad infection and needs dressing/packing properly otherwise infection could return.

Its not too bad like i say have my own private room...

Its soooo god damn warm in here though, i about ready to pass out! lol

At least i can start new lines in the quick reply box...

Phil

TV and Internet in hospital!! Sounds better than home to me!!

Enjoy your stay mate and I hope that you are well again soon.

Last time I was in a hospital overnight was when I was about 10 years old when I got a stomach infection, me being little at the time asked my dad to pass me the cowboy hat over so I could wear it!! Not realising it was a bedpan!

Other times in hospital when I was younger was when I remember running from the nurses when I was about 5 or 6!

Hope everything is alright mate but hospitals have improved with tv and internet to entertain yourself with.

Lol... yup quite bad infection and needs dressing/packing properly otherwise infection could return.

Ah. I had one of them. A pilonidal cyst I assume?

I was off work for 3 months. I had to walk (very slowly for the first while) to the doc everyday to get the wound packed and dressed.

Very common too they are.

Lots of salt water baths are the key to keep it clean.

Hi Phil. Have they let you out yet or you're still there, determined to stay until the money meter on the telly runs out? ;) If you reply saying: "The food is aw..." (cut), it would be a good hint as to the answer. It'd be like a crossword puzzle for us though whether "awful" or "awesome" has the right number of letters :rubchin:

I have to say that your timing is lousy - you should have insisted on an appointment that kept you in on a Friday = Friday jokes :thumbup: It shouldn't be too hard persuading the NHS to manage their booking system around patients' Briskoda requirements. After all, if a Briskodian were offered oxygen or a Briskoda injection, well, no contest really. :D

They told me my recent stay would be 7-10 days. "It'll be seven then!" said I confidently, before the op. "We'll decide that," they said. I put my day clothes on Day 7 and they wanted me back in my nightie, which seemed to have very long sleeves with an integrated belt attached. Dunno who their fashion designer is. :ne_nau:

I was told that they prefer to chuck peeps out smartish these days - yes, re cost, but because less risk of MRSA if you're under the weather (not quite up to par re fighting off any new bugs that see an oportunity) and so would be better off at home. Anyway, if they have kept you in a little longer, Phil, don't worry, just tell us the shift patterns and we'll send in the Brisky A Team with take-aways and advance copies of Friday jokes :)

Mo

aaarrrrh, hospitals :eek:

I went in not too long ago for a "routine" woman's op. Hospital was filthy. No handwash, toilets not cleaned.

Doc said I did not need antibiotics after my op, when it is routine to give them:rolleyes:

OMG, the pain, I was in agony, they sent me home the next day and I just got worse and worse, terrible stomach pains, then I started aching all over and had a very high temperature, the Out of Hours service sent me straight back to the same ward, I had E.Coli infection. My temperature did not come down for 4 days, I had IV antibiotics.

The nurses were too busy standing around chatting and gossiping to take my temperature as the doctor ordered them to every half an hour. They continually let my drip run dry and "forgot" to change the antibiotic bags. The pharmacy ran out TWICE of the 2 different antibiotics I was on. I did not have my stinky, smelly sheets changed the whole time I was there:eek: It was horrific

As soon as I started to feel a bit better, I was home on tablet antibiotics, at least I could control the times I was supposed to take them, I thought I would never get out of the damn place:eek: Unfortunately, because of this, I had to have the damn operation AGAIN, but this time, I said only if I can have the antibiotics:rofl:

don't want to scare you or anything:eek2:

Im now sat at home folks!

Hospital was pretty good.

And yes i have to have it re-packed and dressed everyday!

Luckily though the district nurse will be coming out to me to do it as the doctors just around the corner doesn't have any appoinments with the nurse.... not looking forward to it though... it hurst like hell!!!

:cool: A-team standing down - oh, and eating take-aways as we speak :o

Didn't they arm with you with co-codamol (codeine and paracetamol) for the pain? I've found that very good. Dunno how to get tablets out of bubble packs these days (kids probably could instantly) so naturally I bought a tub of intense detergent and a plastic loop to make bubbles and blew loads at them. Seemed to do me no end of good :)

Mo

Cheers guys... already have a huge stack of co-codamol... and they also gave me paracetamol and codeine... That way i can just take the paracetamol then when i need a boost take the codeine! lol

Will probably watch some spongebob tomorrow... that will sort me out!

Oh yeh in case anyone is interested the reason i had TV and internet etc is this:

Patientline - Communication, Entertainment

Every single bed has one of these babies over it and it cost me £2.90 for 24 hours un-limited TV, Radio and Internet!