Coming soon, the greatest Favorit project ever! (Probably)

favguy

Hi Guys,

Well.... the MOT is finally now booked for next Monday at 9am, I decided the car needed some TLC to the non EV conversion side of things before the MOT. So I fitted a few new bits..

Front and rear Shocks

Front springs (lowered), to correct the stance due to the rear sitting lower due to battery pack)

Front Brake discs and pads

Rear Cylinders and shoes

Master Cylinder

Lower control arms

Track rod ends

The shocks were all working fine but had all rusted so severely I was worried about the springs coming through the support cups! It's odd that the car is almost totally free of any trace of rust underneath, yet the shocks were just horrendous, looked like they'd been salvaged from the titanic!

The master cylinder seal was weeping slightly, probably due to sitting unused for a few years. One rear cylinder was also weeping a little and the other had seized up. The front discs were just quite worn, (original from new) rusty & pitted from lack of use. The nearside lower balljoint was worn, the wishbones generally tatty with rust and in any case after 18 years the car will benefit from having all new bushes. :) The track rod ends had torn boots from removal during the conversion, so needed changing.

Add to that lot a new set of wiper blades and were all good to go for the MOT on Monday, It should sail through hopefully.

I've got some more pics to post soon of the main cabling install and rear battery, I'll add them after the MOT

'till later...

Edited by favguy
  • Like 4

I bet you're over the moon after all the long hours/days.....and those "why the fecking hell did I start this bloody thing? :wall: " moments!....

Now to start the tweeking..... :giggle: ......I know that eventually you want to run on way better batteries ........when the funds allow!