3 childseats in the back of the Mk I?

2 high-back booster seats and 1 either rear facing child seat or a upright full child seat (children's ages are 4, nearly 2 and newborn)

Does it fit? As in comfortably? It fits in our Rover 75 as I suspect in most cars of that size with 3 full seatbelts in the back, but it is very tight and hard to get them all secured

Does it fit? As in comfortably?

I've no idea, but a quick call to your nearest dealer to see if they have a Superb in stock and then a physical check with your own existing seats should tell you for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, tbh we never recommend three child seats in the back of one car. There's a real possibility that the force of an impact between the three seats would damage at least one of them, similar I suppose to "buckle crunch".

That said, there's technically no reason why it couldn't happen - and I guess with three children your options are limited!

Ford Transit, anyone?:P

Thanks for the help. I guess the best way to find out is indeed to bring the seats to the car to check it out

Yeah that's what I did to better get an idea of whether the Fabia Kombi would suffice or if I'd be limited to the Roomster... Even the OctaviaI/Tour doesn't fit 3 as well as the Roomster! The Superb wasn't on the cards. It has to do with the ability to stager the seats in the Roomster. Found most room could be created by pushing the middle 20% seat all the way forward. While sliding each outboard 40% seat to it's furthest back position. Something to watch out for is what Trim level/style(Sport or Scout seats are more sculpted & may prove less adaptable to use with child seats) you choose... I've actually found with the right child-seats a sculpted Sport seat makes a nesting place for the childseat... Yet forget 3 abreast! For reference I currently use a Group0+ MaxiCosi Cabrio 05ish model & a Group1 MaxiCosi Tobi 06ish model. Tried my fitments with both a MaxiCosi RodiXR, as well as with the Skoda branded line of child seats sitting around the showroom...

...or worse, a people carrier?! :eek:

Surely not! :rofl:

...Group1 MaxiCosi Tobi 06ish model...

That's a pretty good seat, although I'm interested that you say it fits well in a sculpted seat. The Tobi has a big base and as such tends not to fit cars with shaped seats.

Incidentally I like the split moveable seat idea. Perhaps I'll buy a Roomster...

No, wait, what am I thinking? That gives the trouble & strife to have more kids! :eek:

That's a pretty good seat, although I'm interested that you say it fits well in a sculpted seat. The Tobi has a big base and as such tends not to fit cars with shaped seats.

Been using them in a 2004 Seat Ibiza Sport 16v-100hp... As much as the Tobi's base is hefty it still is plenty narrow.:)

Incidentally I like the split movable seat idea. Perhaps I'll buy a Roomster...

Welcome to the CLAN!:thumbup:

No, wait, what am I thinking? That gives the trouble & strife to have more kids! :eek:

More kids @24 how many could you possibly have?:confused: No offense meant.

You can fit in the back of Superb:

3 Graco Juniors,

or 2 Graco Juniors and a Britax Isofix Duo,

or an adult+ two Graco Juniors

or an adult, 1 Graco Junior, and 1 Isofix duo

Tested all of the above, with occupants at least for 2x14hrs drive each :-)

Fastening right seat belt is always a pain, though.

I find that most other seats for older children (4-10yrs) have wider base than the Gracos, and therefore not really suitable for the Superb.

For comfortable 3 seats in a row perhaps a Honda FR-V is a good choice, unless you are too tall like myself. Then of course there's a Sharan, Galaxy, and I think French cars are wider too.

Surely not! :rofl:

You know you just want to practice making babies :P;)

And more people are joining the Roomster side!!!

I wants one!!! Need more pennies though

You know you just want to practice making babies :P;)

And more people are joining the Roomster side!!!

I wants one!!! Need more pennies though

:rofl: Let the kids do their part, have 'em fish 'um out of the fountains!!! :rofl: