URGENT HELP REQ: Locked keys inside!!

Hey there chaps... neep someones help.. fast!

Ive just been stupid enough to lock my keys inside the boot of the car!!

Its the only key i have...

Anyone know the best way to get into the car without me having to call someone out first?

Ive just had a go with removing the tailgate lock but the screws are all rusty and won't turn!!!

Phil

if you have any of the flat plastic banding stuff used to sold pacels pallets of brick etc togeter it great as you can fold it to form a loop it will push throu' the door seal rubber and you should be able to hook it round the lock button and pull it up takes a lot of prictice firt time but i've used this method a few times

Coathanger on the front doors will not work as there is a lock guard there designed to prevent this. A coat hanger on the rear door may be difficult, but the bit to grab on to will be directly under the lock push (not sure if this is underneath the plastic membrane inside the door).

Best bet is probably to smash the small window at the back of the rear door as that will be cheapest to replace.

Thanks guys...

Just been trying to get in and managed to get some garden wire in on a pole and hook it round door handle but couldn't pull the handle far enough!

RAC are on their way to see if they can get in... and if not then go from there...

Fell like such a retard for doing this!

Phil

Do you have access to any other "older car" (not things like Ford Chubb locks, PSA "cruciforms") keys? If so, try them in your locks, particularly the driver's door lock. I've got several mates back into car that way back in the day.

Fell like such a retard for doing this!

Phil

I did it once - interestingly, the method the AA man was told to use by his onboard computer didn't actually work, and he had to improvise. Once I'd got my keys back, I had to use a trainer and my not-inconsiderable bodyweight to do some impromptu re-jigging... :doh:

YAY!! Got my keys!!!

The RAC guy came and in literally 2 minutes he was in the car!

He used the method described above with some plastic banding!

So happy now... and so glad i had cover with them as it's cost me nothing to call them out etc.

Thanks for you tips guys...

Let this be a lesson to all of us!!!

phil

chuffin hell, how'd you manage to get them locked in?

Car was locked and then un-locked the boot with key but locked it straight away as i took the key out...

Then after faffing with stuff in the boot (and setting my keys down on the boot floor to do so) i shut the boot and thought nothing more of it until i went to find my keys to lock the house up... of buggar they're in the boot!!

Well done RAC

now go and get a spare key cut :P

Yes and definately YES!!!

I done the same, but luckily at my house.

Opened the boot using the button on the key fob, put keys down in the boot, removed item i was after, then closed the boot.

Car automatially locks again ! :doh:

Had a spare set in the house though. :D

Well i was at home but only have the one key!

Will be getting another one cut... should be pretty cheap as my immobiliser is operated by the key-fob and not a chip in the key.

Is there anyway of preventing this way of entry :confused:, (not the brick thro the window method :eek:)
Two of this breed, like I have.

staffbull296x265.jpg

The aftermarket alarm I have fitted has an option to automatically lock the doors and turn the alarm on after you have turned the ignition off and opened and closed a door. I don't use this feature for the fear of somehow ending up watching my doors lock themselves with the keys inside :eek:

Is there anyway of preventing this way of entry :confused:, (not the brick thro the window method :eek:)

By that i assume you mean getting in with a bit of plastic strip and un-locking the doors... then no!

Its a very common method is prising the door back and either pulling the door handle with a rod or operating the lock mechanism and its un-avoidable.

The only way your going to prevent it is by having a good alarm that will be triggered by movement in the car.

So someone with the right tools and know-how can get into pretty much any car within a minute if they wish!!!

I used to own a BL Acclaim and on my trip to the local scrapyard for a spare lock for the drivers door (some scum snapped it off) i noticed that my key opened every Acclaim door in the scrapyard so i never had to change the barrel!!

I bet there were a few theives rubbing their hands together in the 70's and 80's. British Leyland eh!!!!!

I used to own a BL Acclaim and on my trip to the local scrapyard for a spare lock for the drivers door (some scum snapped it off) i noticed that my key opened every Acclaim door in the scrapyard so i never had to change the barrel!!

I bet there were a few theives rubbing their hands together in the 70's and 80's. British Leyland eh!!!!!

One of the cars I got a mate back into was an "Acclaim", and I did it using a Datsun Sunny boot key, not even the same length as the original. That said, whilst I could get into the car, I couldn't work the steering lock with it.

Lol! Top notch security then!

Agreed about deadlocks... only way you're going to stop someone opening a door without the key!

Suppose as long as you don't leave anything valuble in the car you're ok as they won't be able to go anywhere with the car... just steal everything out of it! lol

• 1 year later...

if you have any of the flat plastic banding stuff used to sold pacels pallets of brick etc togeter it great as you can fold it to form a loop it will push throu' the door seal rubber and you should be able to hook it round the lock button and pull it up takes a lot of prictice firt time but i've used this method a few times

i managed to do it on my felicia pickup this way. i then decided to get a second key.