finger marks on bonnet

rpm

I need some help.

I've got some unsightly marks on the bonnet of my Mk1 VRS - there's at least one very definite hand print.

They've been there a few months now, and I'm sure they're getting more noticeable. I've tried polishing them out but that had no effect.

Any suggestions on what to do or thoughts on how they got there in the first place?

22186.attach

Maybe go into a panel beater and sprayer ask about cutting compund like G3 etc, seen my bro use this before with 1500 wet and dry paper then a polish after but i'm no expert maybe someone here can clear that idea up.

Good luck

From the picture they look like they are marks in the clearcoat.If they are in this they might polish out depending on the depth of clearcoat on the car.If they are in the colour finish, other than having the bonnet resprayed you will have to live with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Much happier now.

I've bought some nice cloths and given it a good wash. Then used a Meguiars clay bar - that's a very impressive product. Then used some T-Cut polish on the marks. The marks are still there but very faded and not visible unless you're at the right angle and looking for them.

Thanks for your help and ideas.