Roomster halogen projector headlights

Hello all,

I am wondering where can I get halogen projector headlights for the Roomster (not the curve ones). I am not considering xenons because of price, just want to upgrade my original headlights. I looked at superskoda.com (thanks irfant) but did not find this specific product for Roomster, also google(d) it and nothing came up.

A picture of my roomy's conventional headlights here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/attachments/22162d1213328283-roomy1.jpg

Thanks!

Jeff

You can order the steady projector headlights (no curve feature) from Skoda services.

Part numbers:

5J1941017A

5J1941018A

(These part number might be for left hand drivers)

farlarbd4.jpg

A slight hijack here, sorry but a quick question, with projector headlights are roomy's fitted with H7 bulbs?

I want to order some nightbreakers for my scout and am in Germany, car / handbook in cheshire :D

A slight hijack here, sorry but a quick question, with projector headlights are roomy's fitted with H7 bulbs?

I want to order some nightbreakers for my scout and am in Germany, car / handbook in cheshire :D

Yes, and only one per side too.

I have Phillips extremes and they are a good upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I post this question on the Sale/Wanted forum, but probably here I can get better results...

My local Skoda service wants to charge me USD 600 for each projector headlight. I think this is VERY excessive.

If some has any guidance or information where I can get these, it will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jeff

Hello,

I post this question on the Sale/Wanted forum, but probably here I can get better results...

My local Skoda service wants to charge me USD 600 for each projector headlight. I think this is VERY excessive.

If some has any guidance or information where I can get these, it will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jeff

A pair costs 200 Euro in Turkey...

Yes, and only one per side too.

I have Phillips extremes and they are a good upgrade.

I haven't got my Roomster yet but this does not seem right.

H7 bulbs are single filament IIRC and Roomster only has a single projector headlamp, yes?

So, shouldn't it be fitted with an H4 (twin filament bulb)? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I haven't got my Roomster yet but this does not seem right.

H7 bulbs are single filament IIRC and Roomster only has a single projector headlamp, yes?

So, shouldn't it be fitted with an H4 (twin filament bulb)? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

It seems to use some sort of prism/mirror arrangement for the high beam. There is definately only one H7 in there.

It seems to use some sort of prism/mirror arrangement for the high beam. There is definitely only one H7 in there.

Thanks for the clarification; modern technology! ;)

Seems I'll only need to buy one set of uprated H7 bulbs. :D

I have my doubts concerning the mirror arrangement for the high beam. For though the bulb is indeed H7, the dipped beam failing (due a blown filament evidently), the high beam still operates faultlessly.

I have my doubts concerning the mirror arrangement for the high beam. For though the bulb is indeed H7, the dipped beam failing (due a blown filament evidently), the high beam still operates faultlessly.

Bulb types:

Projector only H7 (modul)

Free form H4 (reflector in trim 1)

Fog lights HB4

Cornering fog lights H8

456gc1.jpg

Bulb types:

Projector only H7 (modul)

Free form H4 (reflector in trim 1)

Fog lights HB4

Cornering fog lights H8

456gc1.jpg

Thanks; accepted; its an H7 bulb, but

.... so if the main beam still works when the dip beam has failed, are there two bulbs (H7)?

Thanks; accepted; its an H7 bulb, but

.... so if the main beam still works when the dip beam has failed, are there two bulbs (H7)?

I can only find one in there. Not sure what else to say.

Single projector headlamps have H7...

There is a flap mirror for high beam ;)

The module is like this... Behind the lens, a mirror converts the beam coming from a single filament from low to high...

DE90_.jpg

• 9 months later...

do you know where i can buy a set of projector lamps at this point to replace the conventional headlamps of my forthcoming Fabia? It has conventional (non-projector) headlamps but I would like to replace them with projector ones (not the curve). Any guidance please? (Also, I'd preferable need the items shipped to Malta). We drive on the left like UK here.

Thanks