My first disappointment - maxidot

Oh well, I found something I'm not impressed with, maxidot on the roomster ...... it's pretty, but that's about it, it does not seem like you can change any comfort and convenience settings like you can with the octy.

I guess this is because the Roomster is not using CAN? that said though, I would still spec it as the standard LCD display looks carp in comparrison

Time to reach for the vag-com lead :D

Yeah, I noticed that and was disapointed when the cd track names didn't come out... but it's not the end of the world.

You will need to watch your Vag com as well. Mine doesn't work with the Roomy at all .

I bought Fezboys genuine USB key hex jobbie and it seems to be working fine, had a dabble this weekend as I'm used to CAN but found some settings for the boot switch and other bit's n bob's so have the indicators flash on the lock / unlock, just got to dig in deeper.

I'm in Cardiff in a few weeks if you fancy a play around mate?

Yeah I got a device to reset the service indicator and it does a few other things but I really need to fiddle with the central locking and it won't do it :(

Let me know when

Oh well, I found something I'm not impressed with, maxidot on the roomster ...... it's pretty, but that's about it, it does not seem like you can change any comfort and convenience settings like you can with the octy.

I guess this is because the Roomster is not using CAN? that said though, I would still spec it as the standard LCD display looks carp in comparrison

Time to reach for the vag-com lead :D

There are other differences/benefits for dashpods with MaxiDot,

You get analogue temprature and fuel guages, white instrument cluser dials, two LCD diplays (One for Mileage and clock) and relocation of the various warning lights to be inside of the speedo/rev counter,

Worth having, but purely cosmetic

I got maxi-dot as I wanted a temperature gauge. I had a Hillman Imp when I was younger and have always been paranoid about engine temp since.

I still think maxi-dot looks great, especially at night with the green dial backlight.

Purly cosmetic ? Possibly but I paid £350 for metallic paint too if you look at things that way.

• 3 years later...

There are other differences/benefits for dashpods with MaxiDot,

You get analogue temprature and fuel guages, white instrument cluser dials, two LCD diplays (One for Mileage and clock) and relocation of the various warning lights to be inside of the speedo/rev counter,

Worth having, but purely cosmetic

Glad I haven't got on then because I hate white dials.