120mph by accident

Some people think that they are just so superior over others. If you want to control posts Barreta, why don't you join admin. You were rude to a guy who was being friendly and just wanted to join the club. If you treat people like that in real life I am sorry for you.

I regularly do over 100 in my 911 for a few seconds without realising it because a fast car doesn't seem fast. It seems easy. Maybe itrs different in your suped up Skud.

This is not normal for me I just dont like bullys.

Some people think that they are just so superior over others. If you want to control posts Barreta, why don't you join admin. You were rude to a guy who was being friendly and just wanted to join the club. If you treat people like that in real life I am sorry for you.

I regularly do over 100 in my 911 for a few seconds without realising it because a fast car doesn't seem fast. It seems easy. Maybe itrs different in your suped up Skud.

This is not normal for me I just dont like bullys.

but Berreta is just pointing out that the OP was basically driving like a moron and is now defending his actions like a bigger moron...

obviously with a whole 4 posts (at time of writing..) you have been around long enough to form a balanced opinion of things...

That's not particularly pleasent. I did not exceed 80mph on the speedo, it was safe and clear when I drove at the speed I did, yes I DID go too fast, not fully intentionally (I know I was in the car and driving so I do accept responsibility). I pretty quickly figured out my speedo was crook and backed it off. I'm sorry if you think I'm a moron for that, I can think of a lot (most!) other drivers round my estate who I'm sure you would be more correct to apply the term to.

To the other comments, no I wasn't flat out or near it, maybe 2/3 throttle. But it was on a bit of an incline first and there wasn't much wind and no curves to speak of.

As for the gears, it's automatic. So no 5th or 6th. That's how I estimated the speed, the 5k+ revs. I'm not sure if that makes it exactly 120mph or what, I don't have the gearing calculations, but as everyone points out a million times that I should have noticed I was going faster, I did.

Maybe I was just doing 110, whatever it was - it was too fast and I wasn't best pleased my speedo was telling me I was doing 80.

Night, Greg.

but Berreta is just pointing out that the OP was basically driving like a moron and is now defending his actions like a bigger moron...

obviously with a whole 4 posts (at time of writing..) you have been around long enough to form a balanced opinion of things...

It wouldn't matter if they did, or I could go around reporting everyone I didn't like saying I saw them driving at 100mph down my road!

Unmarked camera car or fixed camera (unlikely as no boxes/lines on the road where it happened) are my only concerns and you can be assured it won't be happening again!

Greg.

well lets just hope nobody reports you to nottinghamshire police.

And this is responsible? :rubchin: :rofl:

the mondeo is a decent car.. but the 2.5s do have a habit of being uneconomic to repair - usually top end related.

they are a good drive.. remember cracking 150 4 up with luggage on the way back from an airport 10 years ago..

well it does'nt matter if you are driving a fast car like a 911 johnycat, if you cant tell the difference between the speed limit and 100 mph as you suggest you do on a regular basis, is no excuse just because a fast car feels fast

i know because i have been in a few my self and you do know when your going 100mph, i dont think that excuse would stick in court when you end up killing someone. Im not trying to get up on my high horse becuse im not perfect and have done it before, but i really find it hard to belive you cant tell the difference at 70 or hundred. As greg 123 said he noticed he was going to quick and corrected the situation but your saying you do it on a regular basis which i find rather worring.

Sorry to sound off alot but i feel a little annoyed that your trying to defend yourself by saying because its a fast car you dont notice your speed.