Boost Gauge for Fabia VRS

Hello all.

I am very interested in getting a boost gauge fitted to my TDI Fabia VRS and I would have thought other people will be as well.

I have some questions

1. What measurements would I need on the boost gauge? 30 Vac > 20PSI OK? What is the best one to use?

2. Where can I get a fitting kit for a TDI? I understand that they can be tapped into the pipe coming in just before the EGR...

Pictures on a Leon...

unclebloodyfester/Boost Gauge - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dont really need Vac, as its a TDi, but wont hurt.

Really want a 2 Bar gauge. Dont know what that is in new english!

Thats also tapped myne in the dame place s your talping about.

Mine is on a pod next to the bottom ot the post. Looks good. Will try and post up pic.

HTH. Dave

I have a further question to this thread on the same lines though.

If you have an ALLARD EGR in line can you use the boost connection and tee off this as the take off for the gauge?

This way, if posible, you would not have too much disruption to existing items as boost hose already located and ready to go?

Liking the idea of a gauge in the car, even though really no performance device is it...

Looks cool though.

CEL doesn't make any noise at all. Before I had the Allard egr pipe I had drilled a hole in the inlet manifold and used a brass fitting with a nipple on it, screwed into the metal. Worked very well, but the Allard one is better over all. I've since swapped inlet manifolds anyway.

Agreed on the CEL all it is is a light on the dash, the allard pipe also makes for some cool engine swtiching off.

Sometimes it switches off violently like a stall and sometimes it doesnt - you dont know what your going to get lol

Just a question for those that have one. Do they need a power supply and if so where did you get it from and also how did you get the hose from the bay to the dash??

Just a question for those that have one. Do they need a power supply and if so where did you get it from and also how did you get the hose from the bay to the dash??

Mine needs it for the backlight. I had it wired so it comes on with sidelights. It's earthed somewhere else. Not sure where. :D The feed pipe for the gauge goes in through a hole (that I drilled :D) so it comes out behind the glovebox. Then it comes up above it and to the dash. :) There's a grommet there you can use, but I have so much wiring going through my bulkhead I needed a hole about an inch in diameter - cue the big drill. :D

when i had my guage fitted to my ibiza tdi the guage rattled beyond belief and it just annoyed the hell outta me, plus the guage fitting was bad and it made the car run like a pound of mince

I have subsequently found out the Nipple on the ALlard EGR pipe is for fitting a gauge too and if not you blank it off with supplied parts. pretty good really, they have already thought ahead of all us modifying nutters.

I am not fitting my allard till I get the re-map done so they can code into it a "do not show light for egr" that code isalready written and some re-mappers are already using it. Jabba I think do as standard if allard fitted.

there again I have been wrong before and befive.

I am going to look into getting a boost gauge just for the fun of it really, because it doesn't actually do anything for the car really, just another gauge to look at...

But like many of the Dump valve fans out there, if you want it why not have one...

The Demon tweaks one looks pretty good, just need a pod to put it in.

Do all these gauges come with a length of hose for fitting or is that a seperate purchase item...