30mm Kw Kit, A cheap alternative to eibachs and fsd's

How come my KW springs say -35mm on the box then ?

I've fitted them to mine, but cant say i'm impressed with the ride or look.

Still seems to sit very high.

The springs are 35mm drop by themselves. If you add sports shockers to them it raises them 5mm.

Have you trimmed the bump stops?? The car is probably riding on them if you havent?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The springs are 35mm drop by themselves. If you add sports shockers to them it raises them 5mm.

Have you trimmed the bump stops?? The car is probably riding on them if you havent?

I'm still on OEM shocks at the moment.

And no, i've not trimmed the bumpstops....good point.

I'll go take a peek under the rear arch and see if they're sitting on them or not.

:thumbup:

I'll be intested to see these at Blyton. I was impressed with the ride of Gary's KW v1's. they seemed just has crashy if not a little better than the standard setup.

Like the way it doesnt lower it much.

I'm still on OEM shocks at the moment.

And no, i've not trimmed the bumpstops....good point.

I'll go take a peek under the rear arch and see if they're sitting on them or not.

:thumbup:

Bump stops will not lower them any more.

I've been running Eibachs on OEM suspension for 10k now, no trimming of bump stops and its all good :thumbup:

Doesnt bounce around

Bump stops will not lower them any more.

I've been running Eibachs on OEM suspension for 10k now, no trimming of bump stops and its all good :thumbup:

Doesnt bounce around

whats this like as a setup over complete standard oem shocks and springs? is it easy to do and if it was done diy would there be much tracking type stuff to setup or could i take it to a tyre place like protyre for alignment?

whats this like as a setup over complete standard oem shocks and springs? is it easy to do and if it was done diy would there be much tracking type stuff to setup or could i take it to a tyre place like protyre for alignment?

I didnt do it myself,

Its good, stiffens the car up nicely :thumbup: Plus looks spot on, there progressive and are fine with the OEM dampers.

After fitment i got the tracking / alignment done at a wheel place, 4 wheel alignment is not possible on the fabia vrs due to the rear beam or something,

Runs nice and true :thumbup:

How come my KW springs say -35mm on the box then ?

I've fitted them to mine, but cant say i'm impressed with the ride or look.

My opinion is the ride is down to the dampers not the springs.

Bumpstops are fine on mine, although they are close.

Think i'll be taking the KW's off though, dont like them at all. :(

:( Thats A shame, I found them good when i had just the springs. But i did go from the weitecs to the kw's then back to standard now back the kw's :rofl:

I didnt do it myself,

Its good, stiffens the car up nicely :thumbup: Plus looks spot on, there progressive and are fine with the OEM dampers.

After fitment i got the tracking / alignment done at a wheel place, 4 wheel alignment is not possible on the fabia vrs due to the rear beam or something,

Runs nice and true :thumbup:

thanks, but not too stiff? a comfortable ride on town roads? not too harsh?

I've just got the KW springs on mine and i'm well happy with them:thumbup:

I feel they ride better than the standard springs. At first i wasn't happy with the stance of the car, i didint think it sat low enough for me but i think that was down to having black wheels on the car at the time. I think the black wheels made it look higher?? Now i've got different wheels on the car i'm much more happy with it. I think it sits nice now??

These are with my new wheels on....

furbylicious.jpg

These with the black wheels (sorry, couldnt find a side view pic)....

100_0168.jpg

And the standard wheels......

Fabia2.jpg

I do really like the stance of the KW kit. If the kit can control the body movement it might be just what I want.

The kit is perfect for body control.

The car rolls so much less. It dips less under braking and hardly lifts at all under acceleration.

The ride is good enough for me and i have to do 100 miles day in the car. :thumbup:

This is By far the best suspension setup ive had on this car. The koni/eibach one may be better, its just too expensive :o

Ill Demo it at the blyton track day :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Had the KW kit fitted a couple of weeks ago, its like a rainbow under the arches. green calipers, purple shocks & yellow springs lol. i find body roll & diving massively reduced!! Good buy

could be a bit lower mind.

Has anyone driven both the KW and koni/eibach equipped cars and can compare them?

Mr Missile has been in cars equipped with both, which will help I'm sure :thumbup:

Steve

I have to say, mine have actually settled down not too bad.

Could do with being ever so slightly lower, but i'm happier now.

CIMG1076.jpg

Thats the level they are at, 3 weeks on the car now (roughly)

looks a lot better :thumbup:

drop it some more! :P