Eibach suspension for Roomster

What else you got planned then Fluff?

well subject to funds later on in the year, I am thinking of trying to get the gas escaping a bit quicker and in a more audibly pleasing manner :)

well subject to funds later on in the year, I am thinking of trying to get the gas escaping a bit quicker and in a more audibly pleasing manner :)

Sound intresting, any plans for increased stopping power ??

I know they're different beasts but how you finding the tweeked Roomy compaired to the Octy VRS ??

Just had another look at the pics; a VERY neat installation indeed.

Next mod IMHO ought to be some Ferodo DS2500 front pads to keep those newly released horses under control.

PS> Couldn't but help notice that you have been saddled with the dreaded SP Sport MAAX! :eek: Hope they are OK for you.

Sound intresting, any plans for increased stopping power ??

I know they're different beasts but how you finding the tweeked Roomy compaired to the Octy VRS ??

Well, it's down on power :)

It's nippy and is pretty nimble with the rear ARB fitted. Flexibility is great and it's surprisingly good on a motorway plod as well. It's certainly endearing itself to me and the family mate.

Full credit to Decron for being the first to fit an ARB as well btw. :thumbup:

Just had another look at the pics; a VERY neat installation indeed.

Next mod IMHO ought to be some Ferodo DS2500 front pads to keep those newly released horses under control.

PS> Couldn't but help notice that you have been saddled with the dreaded SP Sport MAAX! :eek: Hope they are OK for you.

They are not the best mate, they look very nice :) but are not over burdened with grip and silence :(

They are not the best mate, they look very nice :) but are not over burdened with grip and silence :(

Just heard my (wife's) Scout arrived a Sparshatts today, only got regular 16s but with Bridgestone Turanzas; should be OK.

My only problem now is that, the Scout being her car, she will not let me loose with any mods on it. :thumbdwn: Have to stick to tweaking my Octy then. :D

Just heard my (wife's) Scout arrived a Sparshatts today, only got regular 16s but with Bridgestone Turanzas; should be OK.

These are fine, a bit quieter than the 17"s. The Turanza's are also ok. Not as good as the F1's I now have fitted but they do the job. They lasted about 20k on mine.

Well the Eibachs are on, and the car looks great, not to "slammed" and the handling has once again gone a step in the right direction. noticeably less nose dive under braking (not that it was that bad before) and amazingly the ride does not seem to have suffered 1 single bit. I am seriously impressed so far.

It's off to Germany on Sunday for the family hol's / reunion etc so I will post up how the springs and ARB have done when I go for a hoon around my favourite roads in the Harz.

Pics will come tomorrow after it's had a clean :D And a big thanks to Awesome, especially Sarah, Mark and Dave for a first class job :thumbup:

I was chatting to Mark about doing more stuff, even getting into extreme Roomster sillyness as to be honest I love the little thing to death , ugly yes, practical oh yes, and now decent power and excellent handling ..... watch this space :)

It's nearly a Roomster vRS (ish) now.

Pics please.;)

It has got to look better than it did.:P:thumbup:

You going to the Ring.:rolleyes:

LOL, it does now mate, it's not on stilts :)

Your assesment of my chances of nipping in to the ring whilst on holiday were totally correct. I have more chance of a lottery win, my hair darkening and Sarah paying me to modify the Roomster :D:thumbup:

LOL, it does now mate, it's not on stilts :)

Your assesment of my chances of nipping in to the ring whilst on holiday were totally correct. I have more chance of a lottery win, my hair darkening and Sarah paying me to modify the Roomster :D:thumbup:

Ok now your dreaming!!!!:rofl:

So you won the lottery and your hair has darken...........................................

but Sarah paying you......now that is dreaming.:rolleyes::eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, yes i have also done this mod using the 28mm bar using softest setting

it is quite remarkable the transformation in the handling ability. it works fine in the wet also with no nasty suprises! i have also put hub spacers on too, 22mm on the front, 16mm on the rear. this just makes the tyres just slightly inboard of the wheel arches, looks much better and helps the handling side also. also have fitted a PSI Digi tuning box which gives impressive gains right thro the rev range. i also ditched the standard horn for a Stebel Nautilus ultra compact. fits in the existing place easily. now have a horn that can be heard!! think i will go with the Eibachs next then will think of something else to improve!!

i have also put hub spacers on too, 22mm on the front, 16mm on the rear. this just makes the tyres just slightly inboard of the wheel arches, looks much better and helps the handling side also.

Hmmm, that's a good thought; I have a set of 15mm spacers in their boxes from my Octavia II. One snag - wrong PCD! :eek:

Overall a good set of mods; well done.

Hi there, yes i have also done this mod using the 28mm bar using softest setting

it is quite remarkable the transformation in the handling ability. it works fine in the wet also with no nasty suprises! i have also put hub spacers on too, 22mm on the front, 16mm on the rear. this just makes the tyres just slightly inboard of the wheel arches, looks much better and helps the handling side also. also have fitted a PSI Digi tuning box which gives impressive gains right thro the rev range. i also ditched the standard horn for a Stebel Nautilus ultra compact. fits in the existing place easily. now have a horn that can be heard!! think i will go with the Eibachs next then will think of something else to improve!!

Think this is becoming a standard mod list for the Roomster :thumbup:

Which spacers did you use?

Got them off ebay, good quality aluminium to keep the weight down!

they are Spanish i think BC Corona Innovate. nice quality and come with the extended studs to suit. i got 25mm ones but i machined them down to suit the Roomy exactly. so that the tyres were just slightly inboard of the arches. they look stupid if they stick out too far! they are the proper hubcentric type, wouldnt use the normal ones. there are various ones on ebay but these were the cheapest when you start including studs in there aswell. there are some 20mm ones on there at the moment item no 230288737515 or just type skoda wheel spacers in, should come up with a few.