My Fabiaputer (Fabia I with carputer)

Im in the process of putting a carputer in my fabia vrs and pitting the ash tray cover on the screen is a genious idea and solves my security issues. The whole install looks amazing.

Fooooking A in fact

Homer J

I'm glad to have been useful to you

Here's my e-mail (works in MSN Messenger):

[email protected]

Add me if you want to talk about carputers, fabias or anything

MORE IMAGES

Two pics of microphone wiring: (for hands free)

dscf2190wg2.jpg

dscf2191ik8.jpg

And one more, of microphone installed:

Not tested yet.

Is a standar microphone, connected to sound card

dscf2193wt0.jpg

Here another two pics of the fire extinguisher that I've installed in the cabin (screwed to driver's seat): In the trunk there is another one of 2Kg

dscf2182mr3.jpg

dscf2183lu7.jpg

This is a image of one of front woofers (the rear woofers are the same), the door panel was removed to retight one of the screws)

dscf2196df8.jpg

And this is what I've called "Anti Scratch":

dscf2181ny4.jpg

Actually ther are no more pics of the carputer, but I will post tem when have more pics

I hope you have liked

[email protected]

brilliant stuff, i was going down the in car pc route, and ive even got the same model of screen already in the car. sadly the screen now refuses to work via touch screen. which has stopped any more work on it till i find the problem or get a new screen.

brilliant stuff, i was going down the in car pc route, and ive even got the same model of screen already in the car. sadly the screen now refuses to work via touch screen. which has stopped any more work on it till i find the problem or get a new screen.

thanks

chech all the connections of the screen

if you have the screen connected to car battery, this maybe the problem

my screen also refused to work, and i sent it to repair, now that is connected to pc power supply there are no more problems

Weird - I had a screen like that as well and had loads of problems. In the end I sent it back to the US and gave up! It was connected to the car power. I wonder if that was the problem all along!!

How much are they these days?

I had problems with the screen connected to car battery

after repairing it, i've connected to PC power supply, and no more problems

what did you have to repair? and what problems did you find?

I went to a techincian, and he changed a pair of condensers and some other components to the screen "mainboard"

the only problem that i have now is that if you turn off the screen (in its on/off key), it turns to white (if you stop the "feeding", it turns to black)

but, no problem, because i've welded an interruptor to full turn out the screen

sorry for my english

Let's see more pics:

PERSONALISED WINDOWS BOOT IMAGE

After lots of searching, finally I found a pic of "Fabia" logo to edit, and make the word"fabiaputer"

After editing it with Macromedia Freehand, Paint Shop Pro (I don't Photoshop), Intergraph Smart Sketch (to make "puter"), and again PSP, the image was ready to install with Tune Up Utilites 2008

Vector image of "fabia" (found in the web):

Fabia.gif

Edited logo ready to paste into a image:

fabiaputerlogojpgmb6.jpg

Edited image (16colour image, 640x480) ready to install:

loadingwindowsjpgja3.jpg

And here, testing in home PC:

fabiaputergs6.jpg

I hope you liked it.

PERSONALISED WINDOWS BOOT IMAGE

After lots of searching, finally I found a pic of "Fabia" logo to edit, and make the word"fabiaputer"

After editing it with Macromedia Freehand, Paint Shop Pro (I don't Photoshop), Intergraph Smart Sketch (to make "puter"), and again PSP, the image was ready to install with Tune Up Utilites 2008

Vector image of "fabia" (found in the web):

Fabia.gif

ooo, where did you find that? :)

ooo, where did you find that? :)

..... XDDD

in Briskoda, and casually you were the author of the post, xdddd

"putter" letters are made by me

I am doing a complete alphabet with the Fabia letter style

do you know a program to make font files???

I've only ever used Fontographer by FontLab. Not sure if there are any free ones available?

I looked into making one, but the amount of missing letters there are put me off. Plus the new Fabia has new lettering, so I assume the new range will take that on now?

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

(all the bold letters have a shape - from FABIA OCTAVIA and SUPERB (does the Felica use this typeface?) - the rest would need to be constructed from scratch. The em & en spaced letters would be the most difficult to get right. Kerning would be pretty easy and leading is a bit moot on a title font)

Maybe I'm just looking at it from a perfectionist point of view, this is partly what I did at Uni; it'd annoy me if it wasn't spot on.

I've only ever used Fontographer by FontLab. Not sure if there are any free ones available?

I looked into making one, but the amount of missing letters there are put me off. Plus the new Fabia has new lettering, so I assume the new range will take that on now?

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

(all the bold letters have a shape - from FABIA OCTAVIA and SUPERB (does the Felica use this typeface?) - the rest would need to be constructed from scratch. The em & en spaced letters would be the most difficult to get right. Kerning would be pretty easy and leading is a bit moot on a title font)

Maybe I'm just looking at it from a perfectionist point of view, this is partly what I did at Uni; it'd annoy me if it wasn't spot on.

the Felicia, and the Laura (Octavia in some countries) also used this typeface

I've maked C ,D ,E, H, I, R, S, T, U, X and Y

if you want, we can make an alphabet together, and make a font file

I'm using Intergraph Smart Sketch to make the letters from scratches

[email protected] (works in msn messenger)

Edited by Racing_Enriquez