T1-R's, Conti SC2 or Conti SC3

After 4 new tyres for the car, i have continental sport contact 2's on the rear and proxies on the front at the moment, but as all 4 need replacing i cant decide what to get.

I have been looking on mytyres.co.uk and the SC3's and T1-R's are about the same price but the SC2's are about £25 more per tyre, are they worth the extra money and whats the difference between the SC2 and SC3?

Damn you people throwing more options into the already confusing pot! :P

After seeing proxies for 72 quid each delivered i think ill be ordering them! Thanks to whoever posted the camskill link :thumbup:

Khumo Ecsta KU31.

Worked a treat round the Nurburgring, good feedback and excellent wet performance. Had them howling round the corners in the dry, which i found was a good indication of how much grip i had to play with!

Done over 15k and still got loads of meat on them....

I rate them, but it's just down to personal pref. really.

Might give the KU31s a try next. I do hear good things about them, but I'm torn as I've always had excellent service from Toyo.

Steve

Think the KU31's might be on the Octy next then as while i love T1R's and havent found the limit of them yet they dont ware well enough for me

I don’t rate the conti sc2’s at all. I can spin the wheels in 1st 2nd and 3rd.

I am currently running Verdestein Ultrac, and have covered almost 20K. (now I have about 1.5mm of tread on the front and 3mm on the rear)

Once my foot is off the clutch and I nail it on dry tarmac the wheels don’t spin.

Will never use Contis again after using them on my Focus. Didn't rate them at all and I too found they did spin up too easily too.

Steve

Had Conti SC2s all round and found them to be good but they wore very quickly. Once that happened they weren't much cop at all.

Had Eagle GSD3s as well and was never impressed.

Using Kumho Ecstas now and finding them perfectly OK, considering the lower cost. Would buy again.

(note, my vRS is an estate, so these comments all apply to 16s)