Guess what I've got for the weekend!

A German spec new Superb!!

I've managed to blag a new Skoda Superb 1.8TSi in Brunello Red for our 'arrive and drive event' at the weekend.

It's a German spec so it isn't similar to either SE or Elegance it sits somewhere in the middle. But if anyone wants to come and have a good play with it and a chat about the new technolodgy please either PM me or give me a call on 01372 736503 for the location. Unless I am allowed to put it on here? Not sure on the rules...

We've also got a whole host of other models to play with and drive from Skoda, Alfa Romeo, Kia and Vauxhall.

Thanks!

If I'm not allowed to write this kind of thing then please remove it, although it would be a shame to miss seeing a Superb if you can't make it to one of the weekday dealer preview days.

19 missed calls on my phone.

I might aswell post the address here to save my phone from melting today.

South Hatch Restaurant

46 Burgh Heath Road

Epsom

Surrey

KT17 4LX

Myself and the car will be there both Saturday (9-5) and Sunday (10-4). The new Superb is turning up today at about 2pm on a lorry. If anyone is local this afternoon it'd be around to show also.

Shame, I'm sure some people will turn up. I don't expect it too be a mega busy day, if anything gives me a chance to play with the car again and get some good photos of the car.

I'm desperate to be the first person to sell a new Superb in our garage. I've got a taxi man who I think might put an order down tommorow for a Satin Grey CR Elegance!

Hi James, I take it you work at a Skoda dealership, is there anyway you can find out how the monthly rental for the new Superb SE 2.0 140 bhp manual compares to the old 1.9 130 bhp comfort as this will dictate whether my company will allow this car on to its list of "can have". I just hope is roughly the same if it is then it's a Superb for me again !.

Cheers

Mark

That's exactly what I would like to know as my current lease quote for that same model (Tdi 140 SE) is way higher than it should be and I too am changing from a Tdi130 Comfort. Hopefully my company's lease provider (Lloyds TSB Autolease) will get a better quote out soon !:thumbup:

Hi James, I take it you work at a Skoda dealership, is there anyway you can find out how the monthly rental for the new Superb SE 2.0 140 bhp manual compares to the old 1.9 130 bhp comfort as this will dictate whether my company will allow this car on to its list of "can have". I just hope is roughly the same if it is then it's a Superb for me again !.

Cheers

Mark

Is it a contract hire quote your after?

I need to know your annual mileage and what term does your company want to do?

As James Rothwell is obviously a salesman for a Skoda dealership, and is advertizing on here, then surely he should join as a sponsor and contribute some money to the forum, and not remain in blue?????

Can i jump on that band wagon? Looking at business contract hire, ideally 24 months with 15,000 miles pa.

Thanks James

Beretta - Yes, I probably should and probably will seeing as this forum has helped me make my target this month. Do I get to edit my title??

Superb 2.0TDi 140bhp SE @ 15k p.a.

5 + 35 works out to be one payment of £1,341 and 35 monthlys of £268.33

That quote is based on list price, so if your company threatened to purchase I'm sure they would be inclined to work something else out for you. Or if you're local to Epsom, you can ask your fleet manager to speak to me and see if I can sort something out.

James, may thanks for that although my company goes through Arval Phh so I believe it's actually owened by Arval and we just pay a monthly fee. Do you happen to know what the current Superb 1.9 Comfort against the new 2.0 TDi SE is.

Mark

I would just like to ask that forum members refrain from asking me for any quotes with regards to the new Superb.

I had a call from someone who 'co-owns' this forum and is unhappy with my postings as they are causing moderators serious concern.

So please disregard anything I've said with regards to the prices of contract hire.

To prevent the moderators from any further worry please feel free to close this and my various other unhelpful threads.

James

I think you know and understand that does not entirely paint the full picture.

I for one, and I am sure others do, appreciate the input of yourself, Ants and Dean as well as others that post as dealers. However what you must understand it that Briskoda is owned by a limited company and as such now operates as a commercial operation - Primarily to support the huge running costs. To facilitate this several companies provide financial support to Briskoda.net in return for the privelage of making good their commercial activity here. I understand that John has offered your employers the opportunity of a partnership which would allow such activity. Now put yourself into that position, whereby your employer is a paid up partner of Briskoda.net, and you would expect your interests to be protected in terms of limiting the commercial activity of other such dealers who have chosen not to take up partnership with Briskoda.net and would potentially be eating into your customer base.

I think as you have proven there is an opportunity to make money here and you certainly, by your own admission, have hit your target this month in a time when many other garages are really suffering and in fact one has gone into recievership.

Something I would like to see is that if you wish to continue posting as an employee rather than an owner you to amend your Bio and replace the word Briskodian under your username to something that indicates your position - perhaps the name of your dealership. That doesn't mean that you can 'tout' for business but it would mean that other members would have an idea of your background and thus would be more clear on your information provided.

So in summary, please do continue to help but do not look for or offer commercial opportunities.

I'm sure you'll agree that is a fair position.

It's probably worth adding that none of the moderating team are in any way paid or supported by the funding raised by Briskoda.net, we are all unpaid volunteers so we have no motive to disrupt activity or cause issue except in the interests of Briskoda and it's current partners.

My theory has been that any deals done through Briskoda are non-profit deals, they are deals I wouldn't normally have got due to distances between myself and the buyer.

So yes, the deals done through this forum have made my volume target which is great but as far as meeting my profit target goes I haven't even come close.

Yes, I did have a phone call this morning whilst I was in the middle of a meeting where I spoke to a man from Briskoda and I've asked the man to email me the details of the site partnership which presuming the sponsorship generates enough business to pay for the sponsorship then we would continue with it.

So when I get this email from whoever I spoke to with the figures for site sponsorship I will act upon them. If they are feasible then we might be able to work something out.

I think the level of profit etc aren't really relevant to my points James. A deal is a deal and if you are doing them from here then you are in breach of the rules. I'll refer you to my point above, if your employer was a paid up partner and another dealer or salesperson wandered all over your patch doing non profit deals then you wouldn't be too chuffed. If you look here Skoda Dealer Cars For Sale Classifieds - For Sale and Wanted - Skoda Dealer Cars For Sale at BRISKODA.net - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums you will see that HortonSkoda are in exactly that position.

I would think you spoke to JohnD, he runs the commercial side of the business and is in fact ColinD's father.

I think it was a John who phoned.

Right, well if I could have the prices for sponsorship I would consider sponsoring the site. It isn't really my fault if Horton Skoda aren't proactive enough with their membership, but yes I do agree they would be quite annoyed if others are doing deals without paying anything.

So now I am just waiting for this email, if I could have it by the end of the day I might be able to action is straight away.