Exhaust tip - your tips please

OK, so I've collected our Roomster today (hooray !), and thoughts have turned to minor cosmetic tweaks, starting with the exhaust trim...

My 1.6 petrol has a tailpipe that exits towards the floor (i.e. has a downward bend). The pipe has a 50mm diameter at the opening.

I've seen the "show us your bits" thread where part number FDC410020 is discussed, and it looks good.

Does anyone know whether this fits the 1.6 ? What's the difference between FDC410020 and FDC410010 in terms of pipe diameter ?

TIA,

HF

Edited by Hans Freikit
Adding pictures

Don't know about the part numbers you have quoted, can't find them in my Skoda Accessories brochure or on their website (UK or Czech) BUT you might like to have a look at this;- Skoda Roomster - exhaust tip + frame MILOTEC 1,2 / 1,4 / 1,6 : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

Pretty neat IMHO.

PS> I like you signature link (they give an honest write up from the enthusiasts point of view).

Thanks Guy. The Milotec stuff does look nice, but it also seems to involve cutting the rear valance. SWMBO may not be so keen ;)

The official Skoda pics of the parts I've quoted are here (follow the "more details" links) but they don't give dimensions, or a picture of the whole trim before fitting.

Thanks Guy. The Milotec stuff does look nice, but it also seems to involve cutting the rear valance. SWMBO may not be so keen ;)

The official Skoda pics of the parts I've quoted are here (follow the "more details" links) but they don't give dimensions, or a picture of the whole trim before fitting.

... but neither of those are for the 1.6. :confused: they are either 1.2, 1.4 OR 2.0, 1.9 Diesel.

PS: no wonder I couldn't find them, I was looking under Roomster not Fabia.

... but neither of those are for the 1.6. :confused: they are either 1.2, 1.4 OR 2.0, 1.9 Diesel

Yep, that's my trouble ! I can't tell whether the 1.6 pipework would be closer to a Fabia 1.4 or a Fabia 2.0 :(:confused:

Local dealer has the 1.4 version in stock, so I might just ask to see it at the parts desk, and then whip out the old tape measure while I'm there :thumbup:

FDC710003 is the part number for the Fabia Sport 1.6 16v exhaust trim, but it says you it will only fit on the Fabia sport rear valance so you'd have to cut a bit out of the rear bumper on the Roomster to make the Sport exhaust fit.

Annoyingly enough no where on Skodas system does it list what fits the Roomster. I did manage to find that the Fabia Sport front bumper spoiler fits the Roomster.

FAA700001.jpg

Thanks irfant - that kit looks very much like the Milotec one discussed above. Do you have to cut the bumper/valance to fit that black trim piece ?

(kit also seems to be available from Exhaust : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com )

Bumper wil be cutted as soon as I get it...

I get cheaper from local Skoda intead of Superskoda.com ;)

Right now I have a no-name tailpipe...

dscn3523ni2.jpg

You could do worse than look at a tailpipe trim from Jetex, see here;- Laser Tailpipes - Clamp-on, weld-on or bolt-on!

I had one on an Omega some years ago and it looked really good and it was pretty top quality. One advantage is that using clamps/bolts they will fit a range of exhaust pipe sizes.

Not sure though how you get around the issue of not cutting the bumper; might be able to get an S shaped section of pipe.

With bahnstormer's help, I think we've managed to determine that part number FDC410010 should fit the Roomster petrol models (1.2, 1.4 and 1.6), and that FDC410020 should fit the diesels. I'll try and pick up one for my 1.6 next week and see if that theory bears out...watch this space.

Thanks to all who commented :)

OK, picked up Skoda part number FDC410010 from a main dealer yesterday.

Here's what you get in the box. You can see it has a curved mounting pipe - but the chromed section is not connected - it's a blanked off end piece and is purely cosmetic.

exhtip05.jpg

Here's what it looks like, once fitted, from under the car.

exhtip06.jpg

And here's the view from outside.

exhtip07.jpg

Job's a good'un :thumbup:

(these pictures and part number apply to petrol Roomsters only - the diesels have a different fitting, and I think you would need FDC410020)

Si

I have to Echo what BahnStormer says, it really does look great from the outside of the car, but something in my head is telling me it's just "not right"

It does however look great :thumbup::thumbup:

Looks good; but IMHO I'd feel somewhat cheated that it is a trim only and not actually part of the exhaust pipe (with gases coming out).

Hey at least it'll stay cleaner that way!!!:rofl:

I agree with those comments. Before seeing it, I wondered how the part was going to take the bend into account, and it turns out to be a bit of a cheat. It's a bit like those exhaust whistles that simulate a turbo dump-valve. All show and no go, as they say...

Still, I guess you could (with a little work and some steel tubing) plumb it in properly and drill a hole through the blanked end to get the gases out.

• 3 years later...

Anybody got a picture of the FDC410020 installed? Does it require any modifications? :)

ive had a rear spoiler rear deffuser and a exhaust tip i told my insurance and all these parts are classed as modifications on your car

so if i was you check with your insurance if not you insurance will be fauld thats whot they told me a sum insurance will not pay out

i try and put sum photos of mine soon pete