Marlin Motors RR Day 13th September

Fezboy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, anyone coming through Bicester for this? Not to sure where it is but im sure my sat nav will take the long way round

Phil

Fancy a meet at the roundabout A422/A508/A5, start of the A5 dual carriageway about 08.45.

Can meet you in the car park of "The Little Chef" as I will be in Cosgrove tonight??????

Edited by Beretta

I won't be leaving til about 9pm as I've got a heavy night tonight ;)

See you all around 10.30 ish.

May have to leave about 2pm too! :rofl: But fingers crossed I wont.

Tom :)

Good day out with nice weather once again, good job Marlin.

My car ran as expected on low boost, infact the figures were less than 1bhp difference compared to IP's rollers so both sets of rollers are very accurate.

359.4 - BHP

430.3 - Nm

1.3 - Bar/boost

Peek torque (430Nm) is at 3.8K still holding 400Nm at 6.1K. The GT30 not even breaking sweat. The set up will run 2bar+. :D

I must say though that the turn out was a bit preditable. People will always drop out at the last minute so reserve runners are required but that wasn't the problem. You can't really book 2 rolling road days a couple of weeks apart unless they are at either ends of the country. Members who live between MK and Kent will only go to one or the other, not necessarily halving the numbers but certainly reducing them. In the future will really need to look at this more closely before booking.

So they managed to get a reading this time Des, I remember the last time I was there and despite all those people standing on your car the wheels kept losing traction.

A lot of work has gone into this set up unlike the previous one.

Still needed a couple of fat people to sit on the front though! :P

I enjoyed it too, nice little meet. Sorry to those who I took the pi$$ out of! :P

Very pleased with mine. 215bhp and an awesome curve to go with it. Dan from Marlin was so impressed hes going to buy one! :thumbup:

My day then involved going up to Wigan and swapping my bonnet, and then going home via Cat & Fiddle, and the back roads to Nottingham/Melton etc.

390 miles, haven't had to refuel, and haven't stopped grinning all day! :D

Apart from Trax this was the 1st meet ive been to, little dissapointed with the turnout but the guys at Marlins were very helpful. Nice to meet up with the local guys and not so local, Des and Gerry.

Gerry do you have pics of Des in his council wellies (black bin bags):rofl:

Phil

I think as this RR day & the Kent RR day were in the same month (Like Des has said) people were 50-50!

I don't know how many other run after I went back to work but maybe next time we can make it a little bigger :rubchin:

Thanks to Martin and the team at Marlin for doing a top job as normal :thumbup:

Thanks to the Marlin guys and also to Fezboy for organising the day even though he did disappear halfway through ;)

After seeing the likes of Gerry and Des' results on the monitors mine looked extremely weedy and boring. (I was a bit embarrased to tell the truth :o)

Still, I'm pleased with 133.5bhp and 243.8lb/ft on a standard car, a bit more of both than it should have and a lot, lot less smoke then I expected :thumbup:

Thanks to the Marlin guys and also to Fezboy for organising the day even though he did disappear halfway through ;)

After seeing the likes of Gerry and Des' results on the monitors mine looked extremely weedy and boring. (I was a bit embarrased to tell the truth :o)

Still, I'm pleased with 133.5bhp and 243.8lb/ft on a standard car, a bit more of both than it should have and a lot, lot less smoke then I expected :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment, but I did not run this time, but have run 238bhp there before.

I think your confusing the other red Octy vRS there with mine.

Mine was the red Octy vRS with the anthracite wheels parked opposite the entrance to the RR.

Phil, the red one that ran, has 18" plain alloy wheels.

Thanks for the compliment, but I did not run this time, but have run 238bhp there before.

Mine was the red Octy vRS with the anthracite wheels parked opposite the entrance to the RR.

:doh: :doh:

After seeing other people's results on the monitors mine looked extremely weedy and boring. (I was a bit embarrased to tell the truth :o)

Phew! Simple generalisation to the rescue ;)

Don't worry Gerry, even sat opposite the entrance, yours looks faster than mine :D:thumbup:

:mad:Hey Gerry...less of the "plain" alloys there RS6`s :rofl:

Phil