B@st@rds!!!!!!!

philc

Mrs C left her car in Sainsbury's car park last night. She came back to find that some &$%&% son of a (*&-0!!!! had hit the front of her car. It didn't look too bad until I opened the bonnet -the strut that sits behind the front bumper has been bent back about 30mm, and pushed the fan mountings right back (it's a 2-year old Astra). It was nowhere in site of the car park security cameras. No witnesses or anything.

She rang Vauxhall insurance, who were very good. The car's being picked up today, and they'll leave a courtesy car.

Still, B@ST@RDS, eh?

Phil

PS Did I say B@st@rds?

I agree, total b'st@rds!

I can't stand people who hit your car and then drive off without admitting it, leaving a note, or whatever.

Someone in our staff car park opened their door using my rear passenger door as a stop and left a nice dent in it :mad: , I know which "lady" it was, but cannot prive it. :(

I think car parks would be a lot better if supermarkets, etc weren't so greedy about how many spaces they can cram in and had proper gaps (as in mother and baby/disabled size) - I'm sure I saw some plastic car-park guards on the TV once which stops the usual bumps that you get when someone uses your car to judge how big the space is (or isn't!)

Hope you get it sorted soon Phil,

Andy

Thanks, chaps.

We'll see........

It's still going to cost us £100 excess, though.

In my field engineering days, it was amazing how many small scratches and dents appeared on the car over the weeks, especially in London, and I'm always finding new scratches on the corners of the bumpers on my Omega.

Oh, well

Phil

Couldn't agree more. I didn't care where I parked the old Mondeo 'cos it already had dents or scratches on every panel when I got it. but I always took care with opening doors etc.

Now I have the Skoda I park diagonally in two spaces at the far end of the car park, unless it's full of course. I still get dirty looks from other drivers but I don't care. So far my baby is unblemished!

It's all about respect for other people and their property - most people don't seem to have any! :mad:

Leaves you feeling pretty angry ey?

Happened to me last year. Drove into the side of the car that was 9 months old,wrote the back n/s door off,scratched and dented the rear 1/4 wheel arch, gouged bumper,and even scuffed the alloy!

I'd have ripped the skull out of his/her face if I'd caught them doing a runner and leaving me with a £1000+ tab to pick up!

Took me several days to cool off. Just had it fixed 2 weeks ago. Hope it stays that way now.

Amazing isn't it Phil,how NO ONE ever hears or sees anything,and even if they did they'd do sod all to help you,'cus people "don't like to get involved'. Bloody limpwristed public :mad:

Sorry to here the bad news Phil. This type of thing does **** me/you off. Same goes for TWOCers. Especially when you hear people say things like "well their insured" Still have to pay the F***ing excess :mad:

Now I have the Skoda I park diagonally in two spaces at the far end of the car park' date=' unless it's full of course. I still get dirty looks from other drivers but I don't care. So far my baby is unblemished!

[/quote']

But how do you know the car park isn't going to fill up while you're gone?

And if you don't care about parking between lines, why will anyone who parks next to you?

And don't forget that there *are* cars which can fit into those little spaces you leave either side of your car, and *yes* it is a tight fit, but with plastic body panels which don't dent they probably won't give a cr@p.

It's only a car y'know...

Rob.

I know it's only a car, but it's my car.

And I don't want some muppet denting it. :(

Obviously I exercise some common sense. If it's B&Q car park on a Saturday, or in town, I park properly - but Asda on a night always has a half empty car park and I park well out of the way.

I know it's only a car' date=' but it's [u']my [/u] car.

Precisely, and you work to pay for the damn thing.

The "well it's insured / only a car" argument doesnt wash with me i'm afraid.

If someone breaks into your home you wouldn't turn around & say "well it's only a house" would you ? :rolleyes:

Fortunately no-one said such a load of tripe to me when the RS got scratched less than 2 weeks after i bought it :mad:

The "well it's insured / only a car" argument doesnt wash with me i'm afraid.

But if you park over two spaces, you're being as antisocial as those who damage the cars in the first place.

My other point was that if you park straddle white lines, the person who parks next to you might well straddle them too, and be just as close as if you parked properly.

Or alternatively, someone will park a very small car in one of the spaces either side of yours, which will be even closer to your paintwork.

Or, you might find that the far end of the car park isn't monitored on CCTV, and that a car sitting all on it's own will make a nice target for a bunch of crims.

It *is* only a car, it's a much lesser investement than a house, and you leave it in places you wouldn't leave your house, so I think your analogy is kind of weak.

Rob.

I know it's only a car' date=' but it's [u']my [/u] car.

Obviously I exercise some common sense. If it's B&Q car park on a Saturday, or in town, I park properly - but Asda on a night always has a half empty car park and I park well out of the way.

I can see exactly where your coming from. I get stick for always driving around and finding a corner space at the back of the car park, where at least they can only get to one side of the car. Have to be carefully about taking up 2 spaces, might get clamped/ticketed. Some little Hitler put a notice on my car advising me that I'd parked in two spaces in a Halfords car park once. Wouldn't mind so much but the outside wheel was only just on the line!

Saw someone drive into a car once, never even bothered to get out and look. Got him on camera and left a note on the guys window (car park at uni, he always parked in the same space) didn't contact me though.

It *is* only a car, it's a much lesser investement than a house, and you leave it in places you wouldn't leave your house, so I think your analogy is kind of weak

Thats a load of tripe really isn't it? A new car is a BIG investement for some people who may have worked their backside off for a long time to be able to afford it. Wanting to keep it in top condition is not an unresonable request in my opinion.

Thats a load of tripe really isn't it? A new car is a BIG investement for some people who may have worked their backside off for a long time to be able to afford it. Wanting to keep it in top condition is not an unresonable request in my opinion.

Then why do you drive it on the roads then and park it in supermarket car parks where you know it will get dinged? :P

Chris

Well, leave it wrapped up in the garage in oil-soaked cotton wool then... :rolleyes:

Rob.

But if you park over two spaces' date=' you're being as antisocial as those who damage the cars in the first place.

My other point was that if you park straddle white lines, the person who parks next to you might well straddle them too, and be just as close as if you parked properly.

Or alternatively, someone will park a very small car in one of the spaces either side of yours, which will be even closer to your paintwork.

Or, you might find that the far end of the car park isn't monitored on CCTV, and that a car sitting all on it's own will make a nice target for a bunch of crims.

It *is* only a car, it's a much lesser investement than a house, and you leave it in places you wouldn't leave your house, so I think your analogy is kind of weak.

Rob.[/quote']

Utter twaddle.

Read my post, i never mentioned the parking over 2 spaces issue, which is out of order.

As for the car v house price thing, my car cost 15K, my house cost 8K..

Engage brain before tapping on keyboard please.

Utter twaddle.

Thanks for your intelligent and eloquent response.

Read my post' date=' i never mentioned the parking over 2 spaces issue, which is out of order.

[/quote']

No, but you disagreed with my original post, which was about the 2 spaces issue...I *do* apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick... :rolleyes:

As for the car v house price thing, my car cost 15K, my house cost 8K..

And is your house still worth £8k? Bit of a pointless comparison really, isn't it, seeing as I was talking about *investment*...

Rob.

here we go again.......

;)

It boils down to this simple maxim, which is :

"You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house"

Logical. Irrefutable. Simple.

Now discuss........... :D