Cam Belts

When you do change the cam belt fit a new water pump as the Skoda one has a plastic impeller which, as one who knows disintegrate, mine at 29k. Get one from Follets around £29.

This applies to the 1.8T units. The garage I got my VRs from had received a notice from VAG that the cambelt change interval had been changed to 40k or 4 years due to an increse of early failures. They are also other posts on here from VAG teckkies that back this up aswell.

Hmm.

I bought mine at 3.5 years and it was serviced when I bought it, but the dealer just stamped the service record. I didn't notice that they hadn't filled in any of the boxes saying whether they'd done the cambelt, etc. I guess it should have been done, as it's coming up for it's next service and it's gone well past 4 years old.

just had mine done last week with the water pump and metal impellar four year old vrs and 43k on her and garage snapped two teeth trying to get it off as it was that knackered,said it was extremely close to goin completely so just a warning