Ive had my IAM test today

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right here is the correct wording of the question and i asked about your answer Ken and was told that these days the sign has a white background and isnt common, also if snow lands on it you cannot read it. however here is the correct wording of the question:

There are two common road signs that use different shapes to the rest, what are they are why?

i mentioned it to the guy who gave me the question and he went through his book of road signs and a road sign regulations book too and he still stood by the two signs. at the end of the day the question was for a bit of fun, im gonna agree to disagree as i this will end up going on for months.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations! Its not easy to drive perfectly for that length of time, especially as its often in unfamiliar territory. Ive not long since started my observed drives and despite being probably the most observant driver i know, and reasonably skilled imho, its amazing the adjustments you have to make to please the IAM observer!

Congratulations! Its not easy to drive perfectly for that length of time, especially as its often in unfamiliar territory. Ive not long since started my observed drives and despite being probably the most observant driver i know, and reasonably skilled imho, its amazing the adjustments you have to make to please the IAM observer!

i had many fall outs with mine, basically i think mine was getting me to well above the standard needed so on the day i would breeze through which seemed to be the case. just remember to keep it all up after you past your test too. :thumbup:

maybe you want to have a look at a thread on this section for a driver taster with scoobychris on the 18 oct?

• 5 months later...

Congratulations! :thumbup: Did you find it worthwhile?

Work have encouraged me to become a member (as they don't recognise RoSPA :rolleyes:) and do their test so I'm currently trying to adjust my driving to bring it inline with the IAM's expectations and mug up on my commentary driving. :rofl:

Chris

Well I put in for my test in September and ended up having the cheif examiner guy do it as no one else was available. over the last six months where I have been ready I have really become a much more patient, relaxed, observant and thoughtful driver.

I started it to help me deal with other road users (And the general lack of clue shown by them) and I seemed to have developed a much more balance and mature appproach to day to day driving.

I have just been given a set of very fetching leather gloves which should help cut down on all the blisters from shuffling the wheel....

which ones do you recommend ;)

I started it to help me deal with other road users (And the general lack of clue shown by them) and I seemed to have developed a much more balance and mature appproach to day to day driving.

Totally agree. I'm so much more away of other road users now and also how unsmooth people drive.