stereo display problem

as well as my radiator sqeak the stereo display works intermitantly. when it goes off the reactions to any control on the stereo are very slow compared to when the display is working. skoda have told my i need a new stereo but i just done trust them as they seem to always want to replace everything.... has anyone experienced this and can it be fixed????

i am trying to sell the car so dont really want to pay out if i dont have to. i have always put up with it (waiting for DAB prices to come down) but prospective buyer might not.

thanks anyway

amazingly its working much better now. all i have done is listen to 5 live over the last 2 weeks for the olympics instead of radio 1 - perhaps my car is just old before its time and hates chris moyles