Cruise control problem

Hi All,

its been a while since I have been on the forum as the wife has been driving the car more than I. I am back in the driving seat and I have notices a problem with my cruse control. Some times it does not switch on. Today I used it and although it switch on ok, it switched off half way through the jouney, and would not come back on. The only solution to it appears to be to switch the ignition off and back on again, not advisable on the M25!!:eek:

Can anyone help? is this a know problem?

regards

Rob

You have a faulty stalk which will need to be replaced...can be done under warranty.:thumbup:

Agreed, it's a known issue and should be replaced without any problems. Mine has the same issue but have never got round to doing it :o

Had the same problem on my Octavia DSG 54 plate it would work sometimes then cut out when using indicators Faulty batch of sticks Had mine replaced not by Skoda Dealer as not under warranty

Deffo the right hand stalk.

I had mine done within 18 months of purchase and the dealer told me that they'd already done a good 10/15.

I suspect Skoda will only replace on customer complaint rather than (say) during a routine service or alongside other warranty work.

• 1 year later...

I've just bought an Octavia II, and on the journey home, I was trying to figure out how to work the cruise control. I read the manual, and it should have been as straightforward as I expected, but there was nothing doing. The following day, I headed to my local dealer to ask them, and it began working - for a few seconds, and then dropped out. The dealer said they could check it the next day. The next day it worked again, intermittently, with the added quirk that sometimes both ends of the rocker switch caused it to Resume/Accelerate. Not clever. I'm now awaiting news that the switch is at the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post and thanks for all that information out there. I also have the cruise problem, Octavia Elegance 1.9 Td, cuts out on a journey and will not go back in also noted that sometimes happens when using the indicator. Learnt much from this forum and will try the dealer for faulty part (55 plate).

Thanks Again.

The same fault (intermittent operation) occurred on my Octy II, but outside of 60,000 miles and hence, the poor old leasing company picked up the cost of a new stalk! After that, I experienced no problems and ran the car to 115,000 miles (4 years) before it was replaced with a Superb II.

I too had this problem with my '55 Oct L&K. I followed the instructions in the switch cleaning guide above and the problem has now disappeared. Carbon tracks are prone to 'filming over' with grease after time. A quick clean with a cotton bud and some pcb cleaner and all is well again.

K