What other rims fit the estelle/rapid?

alfcapone

and not all - only earlier 4 stud beetle wheels! don't know if it's called a beetle in sweden - maybe VW 1304 or Typ 1 or 2, whichever it is.

you have lots of choice with those mainly in 15" but be aware not all of them will have the same bolt sizes or centre bore, so shims or machinign could be required sometimes...

• 1 month later...

That would be "later VW Type 1 4-stud wheels".

There were a bunch of assorted 4-stud alloys on higher spec Estelle/Rapid in the UK. Some of the members may have a set of the 6-spokes or the "Minilite replicas" if you place an ad in the "Wanted" forum.

Oh and way kewel collection. I also speak Citroen, and have access to fora, if you want/need help with the Activa.

Fora? whats that?

i got service.citroen.com but thats only spare parts catalouge.

We got a lovely citroen forum in Sweden, akuten.citroen.nu but its in Swedish. Covers all models and is very much used it usually only takes a couple of minutes to get an answer about anything any model... strange how odd makes activates people.

Our Skoda forums is not as good, well if you got a new one and wants to bling it and tune it its great. But if you got an old one there isnt eaven a forum its only a club where they drive around and polish ther old cars...

but you're right; classic owners are usually happy to courier stuff if they're going that way and have space for it.

Yup it's amazing how much "old tat", ahem, "classic spares" you can fit in an Octavia boot!

Even locomotive spares too, I tend to have a roll of bin liners in mine, just in case, to keep the carpet clean!

This is very much not my usual thing, these crazy RWD-type things...

...but have you considered wheel adaptors? They're usually something like 4x100 hub (4 stud VW etc) to 5x130 (Porsche), but I can't see why you couldn't get 4x130 to 4x100/110 or even 5x130... Teledials on a Rapid, anyone? ;)

Most places who supply them will do custom fitments.

By the way, they are 4x130 pcd with a 0 offset!

Any 4 stud beetle or bus wheel should fit, but the centre spigots are too large on the skoda.

The standard beetle spigot hole on the wheels are about 80 mm, but the skoda front hub is 85.6 mm (exactly!). I had my front wheels machined out to 85.6 mm by a local machine shop, cost me £25!

The rear doesn't have a spigot, you just have to tighten the rear nuts carefully. O yeah, you need to make sure that the wheels have tapered nut holes so that the tapered skoda nuts fit and centre the wheel.

I have some 15x8j 8 spoke weller steel wheels from a beetle that i am fitting to my estelle. these are fitted with 195/50 15s and just about fit inside the arches!

Dscf7274.jpg

Dscf7277.jpg

Dscf7279.jpg

They are being refurbed in white to match the car!

I can smell burning rubber when going over bumps

By the way, they are 4x130 pcd with a 0 offset!

Any 4 stud beetle or bus wheel should fit, but the centre spigots are too large on the skoda.

The standard beetle spigot hole on the wheels are about 80 mm, but the skoda front hub is 85.6 mm (exactly!). I had my front wheels machined out to 85.6 mm by a local machine shop, cost me £25!

The rear doesn't have a spigot, you just have to tighten the rear nuts carefully. O yeah, you need to make sure that the wheels have tapered nut holes so that the tapered skoda nuts fit and centre the wheel.

Thanks for the info ...

As it turned out the camper wheels I'd seen locally were off a 1979 vehicle with 5 studs