Underpowered!!!

Hi All,

Most of the cars that come to India have reduced power output compared to the same models abroad. The Octy Mk I vRS in India are detuned to produce only 150 BHP. If am right, the same produces full 180 BHP in European countries.

Can someone throw some light on how the engine is detuned? and How to unleash the full 180 BHP?

Regards

Ram

2002 Octy vRS Mk I

It's the ECU map as far as I know. The European versions are tuned to run on 99RON fuel to get their full 180 horses, although the 'worst' fuel you can get over here is 95RON. I think it's 91RON and 87RON over in India. A remap would increase the power whatever the octane rating of your fuel, of course

A technician replaces the 'map' stored in your engine's control unit with a new one that increases the power by altering the fuelling and turbo pressures. This is all done electronically and does not require any parts to be added, removed or modified. There are of course also physical modifications like air intake and exhaust, however these will have less of an increase overall than a remap.

Hope this helps! :)

Are you sure its a 2002 model ? As far as I know the vRS was only launched in India in 2004 , for a remap contact www.petes.in he does remaps for the vRS from custom code.

Hi All,

Most of the cars that come to India have reduced power output compared to the same models abroad. The Octy Mk I vRS in India are detuned to produce only 150 BHP. If am right, the same produces full 180 BHP in European countries.

Can someone throw some light on how the engine is detuned? and How to unleash the full 180 BHP?

Regards

Ram

2002 Octy vRS Mk I

Hi rchimni,

You are correct. Its 2004 model.

Which remap is better? custom code or revo? A friend told me that Revo comes with a switch to change between 3 different maps for different quality fuels.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Ram