Black Passat Tdi

Neil RS

Driven by a muppet in the Sutton/Aldridge area. Anyone else local had any experience. Driving along the Chester road yesterday afternoon. He seems to have a problem with me doing 30 in the 30 limit through the speed cameras. So I back him up some more and then open it up to 50 once the 50 limit starts :D

Eventually he caught up and felt the need to overtake in the face of oncoming traffic. :finger:

Had a red i only, does this show the level of tune or something? didn't seem to have all that much poke :confused:

Personally I think the red letters in TDi got mixed up down on the factory floor! I don't think it says anything about what engine is in the car! Sounds like a 100hp in that big car.

You see if people tailgate me on a 30mph road I just get slower as the highway code indicates till they realise. :rolleyes:

I had a young guy do the same thing last night in a Nissan Micra I just played with him all the way down the A42. He would overtake me then slow to 55-60 MPH I would overtake then he would do the same, I got so fed up of him I hoofed it as he was struggling to get past and he ate soot :D

Ah I love Diesels :rofl:

Someone explained to me that the different numbers of red letter indicate the tune of the engine relative to the model range so:

Fabia:

1.4-75bhp TDi

1.9-100bhp TDi

1.9-130bhp TDi

Passat:

1.9-100bhp TDi

1.9-130bhp TDi

1.9-150bhp TDi

Chris ;)

Someone explained to me that the different numbers of red letter indicate the tune of the engine relative to the model range so:

Fabia:

1.4-75bhp TDi

1.9-100bhp TDi

1.9-130bhp TDi

Passat:

1.9-100bhp TDi

1.9-130bhp TDi

1.9-150bhp TDi

Chris ;)

VW never offered the 1.9 150tdi for the Passat. The red tdi had a 2.6 v6 tdi unit.

Des

BTW the red i on the Passat indicates that it actually has the 110 tdi engine (non pd)

I had a young guy do the same thing last night in a Nissan Micra I just played with him all the way down the A42. He would overtake me then slow to 55-60 MPH I would overtake then he would do the same' date=' I got so fed up of him I hoofed it as he was struggling to get past and he ate soot :D

Ah I love Diesels :rofl:[/quote']

Lol this badging thing is confusing :confused: But believe me it didn't have any excess power there at all :P

By the way, was the micra modified at all or just standard? Some people do seem to think there the fastest thing out

Slow as a very slow thing he was waiting for the hills to overtake me downhill :lol: then I would blat past him on the uppy bits. I don't know if it was modded.

Because the TDi I have (non PD) turbo cuts in at 2000 rpm and it sits at 65 at about 1900 I just have to floor it and I am gone very usefull for overtaking. The PD turbo IIRC comes in lower in the rev range so you don't have much extra to play with I assume ( I am not totally sure so may be talking out of my bottom though.)

did this guy in the passat have dark hair ??

only reason i ask is that we (the lads) were out on saturday night in walsall, we'd had more than enough to drink and after arguing the toss over taxi fares home with every black cab driver that refused to put the meter on we decided to walk.

we'd done the lichfield road into rushall and 2 of the lads split off to shelfield leaving me and stu to walk up the pelsall lane.

Now as i said we'd all had a bit to drink and had waved at every car that went passed us on the way home just incase it was a taxi and had decided to stop for us.

Me and Stu were stood outside my place chatting when i heard this black diesel car (couldnt tell what it was at the time) coming down the road, so we waved. This car get about 100 yards passed us and does a hand brake turn in the middle of the road, comes back our way and does another one right outside my house. The young'ish lad (i didnt have my glasses on) pokes his head out the window so i shouted "i'm guessing your not a taxi then !?" to this he laughs and attempts to wheelspin off down the road.

We sort of stood there for a minute in silence, you know when your mullered and you dont really know what to say when something like that happens... ?? then we sort of laughed it off and went our seperate ways.

I havent seen this clown on the road while i've been driving but it seems strange that there'd be more than 1 black passat driving like a clown round our parts.

BTW, this all went on at around 3:30 in the morning.

Yes he had dark, shortish hair and was late twenties/early thirties I'd say, can't say anymore since I was looking where I was driving. He overtook just before the entrance to the garden centre, just before the railway bridge as you come towards the Ferrari dealer on the Chester road. You can see how far this is from the 50 limit sign :rofl: