Bridlington meet 28/09/08

Skodaboy1983

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait to meet everyone, will be bringing the missus and the daughter if i can remove her from the computer, lol. Hopefully the car will be clean. no doubt it'll be dirty before I get to Scarborough!

Just thinking would it be more sensible to start from bridlington then drive to scarborough, might be a bit more sensibel if people are staying in Bridlington and drive to scarborough then take good use of the crazy golf, putting green's etc. If anybody wanted chips then winking willies is a good call.

What do people think to that??

Davy

I'm just thinking that there looks like are a few of us staying in bridlington on saturday, might make more sense to start from there and drive to scarborough, still using the burniston road car park and take it from there, I'll have a wee think and come back to this.

Hi all,

CHANGE OF MEETING LOCATION!

Decided that as some of us are staying in Bridlington that we should meet in Bridlington in the tesco's car park behind Jack's Chippy and grab some lunch before we head out towards Filey or Scarborough.

Address for tesco is park :-Station Approach, Bridlington, North Humberside, YO15 3EP

If you still fancy this, stick your name down on the list below.

1)Skodaboy1983 & Skodagirl1985

Hey everyone been away a while with connection problems. I'm up for this as long as childcare can be confirmed. I can knock a route up anyway in the next couple of days. I'll print that then bring some copies to the meet.

My two mates have dropped out unfortunately. Family problem, so one is away and the other is babysitting in Darlington. They were also one of my childcare solutions so I'm desperately scrambling to find a babysitter now cos the missus is at work. I'll definitely knock a route up probably tomorrow but I'm a maybe for the meet at the minute. Will be gutted to miss it. I only live 3 miles from the meeting point!!

Just found out that Jack's might not open on a Sunday :rofl: Will find out for deffinate tomorrow, and sure we can find an alternative if required :)

Alright mate, if you can find out for me what will do is pm you my mobile number because as from 4pm tomorrow I will not be online as I will be on route to bridlington with a overnight stop in sunderland.

Davy

Hi Folks,

Just to say this might be the last chance I get online tonight but will see everyone at the tesco in Bridlington at 11.45am on Sunday, looking forward to this. I'm going to try and get online for 30 mins tonight at the travel lodge where I'm staying tonight.

Ok guys,

Looks like I'll not make it. Might be able to pop to the start line with the bairn but there's no childcare unfortunately.

Here's a basic route I planned out anyway:

Out of tescos turn right at the lights

Keep going straight on (The B&Q roundabout straight on is at about 1 o'clock) until you can go no further. You'll reach some lights turn right.

After maybe half a mile no more (before the road bends to the right) there's a left turn onto the B1253. Should be signed A166 and A64 Scenic Route I think. Turn left.

*Really good driving road*

Follow this road going straight on until you reach Sledmere House where you'll hit a T junction. Turn Right.

???Stop at Sledmere??? There's a cafe but dunno about the opening times.

Again follow this road all the way until you hit a roundabout. Here you should Turn Right onto the B1248 towards Malton.

This road will take you all the way into Malton itself. When you reach Malton turn left staying ont the B1248 which will take you to the A64. Get on the A64 Eastbound signed Scarborough.

At the next roundabout which is the Eden Camp roundabout come off the A64 onto the A169 turning left.

This will take you all the way to Pickering.

At Pickering you'll hit a roundabout where you want to turn right onto the A170 towards Scarborough.

Take this all the way to Sunny Scarborough. Then there's a number of instructions as we head up to Oliver's Mount race track.

As you get to S'Boro you'll hit a roundabout, go Straight On.

Next is a mini-roundabout, go Straight On.

Immediately after this at the lights, signed A64, turn right.

This will take you down Seamer Road. When you see a small Sainsburys on your right then take the next left (It's now a set of lights that have just been built)

You'll go over a small bridge then take the next right which leads up to the mount. To reach the top just keep going uphill at any junction! There'll you'll find the bike race track around the top. It is a 30 limit when it's not race day!

On the track you'll find the Olivers Mount Cafe next to the obelisk war memorial. Good place for a stop as there's a viewpoint over Scarborough.

Once you're finished at the cafe turn left back onto the track (That's left as you come out of the cafe door). Follow the track but when the road forks keep left the whole time. This will take you back down to Filey Road.

When you get to Filey Road there's a staggered junction but basically you're going straight across (It's right onto filey Road then immediate left but you'll see what I mean).

If you keep going straight on this leads down to Holbeck Car Park.

Possible photo opportunity.

When you're done come out of Holbeck Car Park and back up to Filey Road. Turn right.

Keep going straight. After you've crossed Valley Bridge (you'll know when you have) at the lights turn right.

Straight on at the next lights then right at the roundabout down Vernon Road.

At the next roundabout turn left and this will take you all the way along the sea front. Towards the end of the Marine Drive there's a cafe called Oasis Cafe which is well known and as good a place as any to finish on the sea front with another photo opportunity.

Hi all,

I've managed to save the route to my laptop (while suffering a massive nose bleed!) i will try and get to a place to print it but otherwise people can follow me.

How long will the route take as I might peel off somewhere depending on time, but looks like a cracking route, i'm guessing a couple of hours at least.

Davy