Octavia II Maxidot GB

24v_raddo

Those people interested and committed to going ahead with another Maxidot group buy please register your interest below.

Stu will run the GB but has asked we sort out a list so he can get an idea of numbers and therefore prices.

This Group Buy is not an offical BRISKODA orgainsed Group Buy and therefore BRISKODA, CANNOT be held responsible for any wrong doing that may occur.

1) 24v raddo - vRS TDi MPH

Edited by VRStu

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 24v raddo - vRS TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED

2. chriskite - Octy MK2 TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED

3. SoulRider - Octy MK2 1.9 TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED

4. colinarthur - Octy MK2 2.0 TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED

5. Hofmiester - Octy MK2 vRS TFSI (MPH)

Edited by SoulRider

As you can see i've started a list above ( Post #6 ) i'll check the thread a few times a day and keep the list updated until Stu calls an end to proceedings it will be easier for him to keep an eye on if it's all up to date in one place on the opening page, iv'e also put a Post (CLOSED) in the Octavia II forum to let them know were here. :thumbup:

I'm sure this was probably covered in the last Group Buy on this item.

Maxidot I like the look of - even thinking about fitting said item myself, no thanks.

I'm assuming that the Group Buy on these would make for a good price.

If I pop along to a Skoda main dealer and ask them to fit purchased Maxidot (I'm in Cambridge area) are they likely to say:

"Why certainly sir - that will be an hours labour at £xx per hour"

or am I going to get a

"Umm, no, buy from us and then we'll chrage you to fit it"

I'd hate to join in on this purchase and have the item to fit but no way of getting it done :)

As per the previous one, there is an opportunity to have the fitting carried by a contact that I have for a small consideration. You could also try your local dealer who are almost certainly going to tell you it can't be done. If you can convince them it can, and of course we know it can, then it should be a maximum of an hours labour.

It is a simple procedure for the dealers to do but probably a previously unexplored one so they'll be a little uneasy about it I suspect. It is fully detailed in the Guided Functions System on the VAS computer they use. If they look puzzled simply ask them how they'd go about changing a failed one under warranty?? It's the same procedure.

I will but only if the price is good. Any ideas on what this will cost?

1. 24v raddo - vRS TDI (MPH)

2. chriskite - Octy MK2 TDI (MPH)

3. SoulRider - Octy MK2 1.9 TDI (MPH)

4. colinarthur - Octy MK2 2.0 TDI (MPH)

Well, the last maxi dot GB was £190 so I would guess around there.

Can those peole in the list confirm they are committed to going ahead with this then hopefully Stu will be able to get some prices and can take deposits off us if we're all happy.

I'm definitely in on the maxidot GB.

Colin Who's the Dealer that said they will fit yours just in case people have to look further afield ? and did they give you a price and labour time ? Iv'e updated the list above with those that have confirmed. :thumbup:

Edited by SoulRider

Im interested, but can't commit fully until i know a price, as i'll need to budget around it, which is ATM difficult as SWMBO is out of work, waiting to start new job . So im footing all costs... Probably will be for 2-3m, so that she can start her new job and get paid etc.

Colin Who's the Dealer that said they will fit yours just in case people have to look further afield ? and did they give you a price and labour time ? :thumbup:

Dealer is Mid Cornwall Cars, so hell of a run for most. No price but were confident no problem in fitting and coding..

Stu, is there loss or gain of functions by fitting RS unit to standard 2.0 TDI? I'm happy to take RS if no loss.

Colin

I can tell you that you lose nothing, or gain anything by having the vRS cluster in the 2.0TDi, I have one in mine.

This is the vRS one fitted in my 2.0TDi elegance.

16400d1187339597-17082007019.jpg

it was installed 12 months ago, no problems and now displays just shy of 59K miles. I prefer the vRS one to the original, it seems to give the dash a more sporty look.

1. 24v raddo - vRS TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED

2. chriskite - Octy MK2 TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED - vRS Fine

3. SoulRider - Octy MK2 1.9 TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED - Standard if poss, otherwise vRS fine.

4. colinarthur - Octy MK2 2.0 TDI (MPH) - CONFIRMED

Edited by mannyo

I can tell you that you lose nothing, or gain anything by having the vRS cluster in the 2.0TDi, I have one in mine.

just shy of 59K miles. I prefer the vRS one to the original, it seems to give the dash a more sporty look.

Thanks for that, I am happy to go along with the RS unit.

Colin

Just had word back and it's pretty much the same as the last time.

5 of you in would make it £195 each plus £10 UK shipping or collection from me in Hants/mutually convenient location.

Seems the RS version is the easiest to get hold of which is as I expected.

Could you please confirm below and indicate engine type (TDi PD/CR or TFSi) and your preferance towards the RS version if you have a non RS car.