Choice of 3 tyres but which is the best all rounder?

MartynVRS

I need two front tyres for the vRS but I need your opinion on the three I've chosen after searching through all the various tyre threads on here. My choices are:

• Toyo Proxes T1-R
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (what's the difference between 1,2&3?)
  • Pirelli PZero Nero

These will be for the standard vRS fitment of 205/45 R16 83W (think that's right)

I need the tyre which is the best all-rounder. I need the tyre that's a decent price, lasts a good while and provides decent amount of grip.

Also how long should front tyres on average last on a vRS and if anyone can suggest other good tyres I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Martyn

the only ones i have experience are with GSD2's and pzero nero's

The goodyears are on the front of my fabia and they seem pretty good, fair amount of grip and average wear

The Pzero's were on my Ibiza Cupra 160 they gripped like theres no tomorrow but they are very soft and wore quite fast!

I've run all three and I'd pick the T1-Rs everyday of the week.

Neros are a bit too soft and quite pricey.

F1s I found very good, but I can't justify the cost over the Toyos. It's usually £20 a corner difference!

Camskill have the T1-R in 205/45/16 for £62 a corner. You can't argue with that (well I can't!)

And contrary to perhaps popular belief, I find the wear rate on the Toyos to be very good indeed. Especially considering the performance nature of the tyre. You can't win them all, but for me the T1-R is the best all-rounder, bar none.

Steve

I've only had the Toyos and the Eagles, I think the Eagles are a fantastic tyre, and easily look the best of the three if that's any consideration at all. The Toyos last a lot longer than the Eagles though with very similar levels of grip.

Not had the Toyos in really cold weather yet. But I still maintain that the Eagles are lethal in snow, enough to actually make me not want to drive. But for a performance summer tyre I guess that's normal and I expect the Toyos to be much the same.

My OEM Michelin Pilot Primacy's lasted around 23k with fronts moved to back around 4k (when I bought the car) then left as is. Had about 2-3mm left on fronts and 3mm or so on rears after 31/2 years so decided to renew as winter is coming!

I was looking for same and my list ended up as Rainsport's, F1 Eagles and Pilot Exalto's. Decided to try the Exalto's as quality manufacture, good all rounder tyre with good reports. If your interested in the price research, see attached thread.

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/uniroyal-michelin-online-traders/121927/

Photo of fitted Exalto also attached fyi.:)

24000.attach

24001.attach

And the 215/40s are £10 cheaper still :thumbup:

I wouldn't use those personally, on a 6.5" rim. And I prefer to have the extra compliancy that the extra sidewall gives you on a 205/45.

Steve

I've just had a new set of F1's fitted, and I'd forgotten how good this tyre is... absolutely brilliant.....

had falken 512's on, and the grip was SO bad I took the car into the garage to be inspected to see if there was a problem with the suspension....

in comparison to the 512's, the F1's are about 500 times better in the dry, and 1,000 times better in the wet! I have my hot hatch back again :) it actually goes around corners now :thumbup:

I have also run the p-neros, and they are a good tyre.....