VAG-COM 405 Scanner

jonnycatbiscuit

By the looks of it you will get vag-com 409.1 on a CD (the shareware version), which I believe you can download from rosstech's website anyway. However, iirc, the shareware version allows you to read the faults and clear them, but does not let you do "adaption" stuff - which you need to to reset the service light, assuming your on variable servicing. If your on manual then you can do it manually with the trip button.

Dunno about the airbag light - I always avoid the bit in vagcom, just incase :-)

so does that mean I need the more expensive, self contained one? Or is there software I can get for my laptop to do "adaption" things (like my airbag light which needs turning off)

Edited by DGW
Redundant quote deleted.

The second vag-com cable is what you need. You will be able to turn the Airbag light off but not change adaptations without buying a licence.

its cheaper here USB VAG-COM 409.1 OBD 2 II CABLE LEAD AUDI VW VAG COM on eBay, also, Diagnostic Tools Equipment, Garage Equipment Tools, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 09-Sep-08 16:54:40 BST)

or even cheaper from abroad.

Hi,

I would buy the Vag-Com cable which you have a link too priced at £13.99. You might even find a cheaper one. Then you can download shareware version 409.1 from Ross-Tech. This can be registered and upgraded for $99, roughly £50, and then you can carry out adaptions.

The combined price of this is even cheaper than the first option you chose and you will have a registered copy of Vag-Com 409.1

Please remember, Ross-Tech list version 409.1 as only being compatible with XP. It WILL NOT run under Vista.

HTH

If your car has been pranged and the airbag has deployed then I don't think any vag-com will get the light out. The crash data is still in the controller and therefore the light will remain on until that data is gone. Eithe by wiping the data or a new controller, At least this is how I understand it, I may be wrong though.

As I said before John, pop round one day and I'll take a quick look for you.

As above VAG-COM cannot clear stored crash data.

Thanks Stu - I have a new (uncrashed) airbag/seatbelt ecu to fit before I try to switch off the light - but I will be round to see you at some point matey!!:thumbup:

If your just after a code reader so you can check for errors and reset then get this.

SKODA CAN Diagnostic Fabia Octavia vRS Superb Roomster on eBay, also, Diagnostic Tools Equipment, Garage Equipment Tools, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 12-Sep-08 22:01:21 BST)

That's what I brought and it was delivered in 4 days :D

Initially I was going to get just a reader but I fancy having a real look into using the full version vag com software eventually.... so i'm ideally after a cable :) edit - what are classed as the Octavia (1Z)?

Edited by Funkoid