Wot No 58 Plates

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a flyer come through from Progress in Letchworth (Herts) to say that one of the regional directors from Skoda UK will be there this weekend and able to offer discounts that the dealerships are unable to on 58 plate cars. Obviously a bit of marketing, but may be worth a look if you're looking for a new car?

Cheers,

Balham

I've only seen one 58-plate car full-stop (a Tigra) :ne_nau: I do question Citroen / Peugeot / Renault / Chevrolet / Vauxhall's wisdom in deciding to all try and break into the compact SUV market at the same time, under current conditions...

As soon as the weather holds out, i'll stick a piccie of my 1st September bought '58 plate L&K estate on this post if people are interested? (VERY happy with it!!:D)

Spent two days this week washing, claying, polishing & waxing/sealing with 2 coats of AutoGlym SRP, 1 coat of AutoGlym EGP, 2 coats of Collinite 915, then washing, poliching and Jetseal 109ing the wheels... all for it to **** down today! Still it looks sweet, just gotta dry it off.:rolleyes:

Beads nicely though!:rofl:

Oh, and I already had a colour-coded grille surround I had done in preperation for when I collected it so I was able to get the dealer to fit it before leaving the forecourt! :thumbup: it's not a vRS front end, obviously, so people can see what a non-vRS colour coded grille surround looks like in comparison.

No 58 plate L&K for me - due to current economic situation my vehicle replacement has been postponed 'til the spring.

Still, on a more positive note, that means a 09 plate and presumably a facelifted model - but obviously will need to see what the pricing is then; a full spec L&K Estate TDi DSG (Columbus/TPM/Sunroof/Sunset) can currently be bought with around £3300 discount via D.T.D.

John.

Not seen any 58 plate Skodas at all in my next of the woods, barring my local dealers Superb demonstrator.

Only seen one other 58 plate, and that is my next door neighbours Focus Zetec.

From talking with my local dealer, they only had two cars go out on 1st September, so it's not really surprising I haven't seen many about.

Same story with my local Merc, BMW and Audi dealers. Business is very quiet.

Bagpuss.

Here it is in all it's glory then! Hopefully people can see a decent piccie of what a non-vrs colour coded grille surround looks like too. Before people comment on it, the grille colour is actually a spot on match, I think the camera just makes it look a little off.:thumbup:

24586.attach

24587.attach

Here it is in all it's glory then! Hopefully people can see a decent piccie of what a non-vrs colour coded grille surround looks like too. Before people comment on it, the grille colour is actually a spot on match, I think the camera just makes it look a little off.:thumbup:

Well done :thumbup:; looks as good as any vRS with a colour coded grille, if anything with the wide slatted lower grille section it is a smidgeon better. :D (and that is said as a vRS owner with colour coded grille) ;)

Yeah, looks meaty don't it??!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Saw a longshot pic of one on a post a while ago and thought, that's for me! Had the grille painted and ready about 2 months before I even got the car! Looks a bit different to a vRS bumper and I agree with you, personally, I prefer it cos it ain't so rounded so it breaks it all up a bit.

That and the chrome always looked a bit grandad to me, especially on a non-vRS estate!:rofl:

Guest Fabia 12v

Our demo Scirocco at work... one of the very very few '58s that have come through the shop.

Apparently down to cost we are keeping our entire '08 demo range and courtesy car range into 2009!

Credit crunch is hitting hard!

Parslad, I take it you're actually asking ME how much it all cost, yeah? The grille I got from ebay for about £45 including postage (although I seemed to take a panning on here over how much I paid! Bear in mind it's an ENTIRE grille, not just the chrome bit so I thought it was okay. The whole unit from SUK is about £80, the chrome by itself is about £50), the paint was £5 and the spraying AND PREPPING (chrome is a f*cker to get off judging by what i've read on here, and you HAVE to either use acid etch primer or remove it completely or it won't key) was done by a friend of a friend for £40. So personally, about £90 but I do still have the original grille so it can be replaced at any time if I wanted the chrome one back.

There's some spongy tape keeping the grille together as well but you can replace this with similar stuff made by 3M. Sprayer looked around and found some and just included it in the price then gave me the remaining roll. Nice!:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well!

I'll be b*ggered if I didn't see a Mk ONE Octy driving around with a '58 plate on today!!! It was a silver estate taxi driving past Gibraltar barracks in Yateley/Farnborough. I followed it for about 200 yards before it turned off and was amazed when I looked at the number plate!

:eek:

Well!

I'll be b*ggered if I didn't see a Mk ONE Octy driving around with a '58 plate on today!!! It was a silver estate taxi driving past Gibraltar barracks in Yateley/Farnborough. I followed it for about 200 yards before it turned off and was amazed when I looked at the number plate!

:eek:

Available by special order RHD for the taxi trade in UK,

LHD sold as Octavia Tour in rest of EU, still sells well.

I'd agree there's been a definite slow down in all car sales.

I've driven a 58 Superb II this week (not mine unfortunately), lovely machine

well, some **** drove into my 58 plate on the railway station carpark and did one so I have a brand new 58 that looks battered already! :) hoorah! just what I wanted

have re-aligned the headlight (yes, they hit it that hard)... but bumper is all scratched now

any short-term suggestions other than a respray / replacement (which are my longer term "when i've got some money" plans)... it's mainly the scratches I want to sort as they're really obvious - the 'chips' in the bumper are non-fixable but if I can sort the scratches at least it won't be so obvious

apologies, it's one of those naff cameraphone things as the missus has gone off for the weekend with our camera - basically, cos they pushed the headlight into the bodywork, the panel above the light also bent out of shape and I think it was like it for a few days (i assume) it hasn't dropped back down so is basically screwed :( so annoying...

24821.attach