Auto-shutting windows

Dear All,

Is anybody aware about the autoshutting of windows as soon as you remove the ignition key from barrel.

This is actually not a feature but one particular combination of the switch presses of wiper motor, central locking & windows switch makes this happen. Everytime after a drive you remove the key the windows autoclose.

One of my friend is having this happened in his car but dont remember how that happened.

Can any one mail me the combination of switches required to be pressed to make this thing active.

By the way this happens only in octavia II - i.e - Laura in India.

Awating your replies

Manoj

I have just had the opposite, after opening the door the all of the windows automatically went down after two seconds.

I cured this by manually closing the windows with the interior switches, and the locking the doors with the remote.

Unfortunately I don't know how I activated this feature in the first place, but it is something to do with holding down the button on the remote for a period of time in combination with something else.

I guess that you can probably programme the opposite, i.e. to close the windows.

The only non-tech reason why the windows might auto close with the ignition is off is when you have auto wipers, the windows are open, and it rains.I'm not aware of any auto function that will close open windows when removing the key from the ignition but if it does exist then it may be useful.

Dear All,

Is anybody aware about the autoshutting of windows as soon as you remove the ignition key from barrel.

This is actually not a feature but one particular combination of the switch presses of wiper motor, central locking & windows switch makes this happen. Everytime after a drive you remove the key the windows autoclose.

One of my friend is having this happened in his car but dont remember how that happened.

Can any one mail me the combination of switches required to be pressed to make this thing active.

By the way this happens only in octavia II - i.e - Laura in India.

Awating your replies

Manoj

It has happened to me several times recently, and I was thinking about it earlier today - when it didn't happen, but I haven't actually worked out what caused it to happen. It may be that I had the wipers on (on auto setting) and the windows open perhaps? :o

Griffo, sounds like you held the open button for 2 or more secs.

The auto closure can be enabled for rain closure, or IIRC for total closure via VAGcom. As your dealer to turn this on for you.

I definitely wasn't holding the button down on the remote at the time. I repeated the trick at least three times on the trot by opening the doors with a single or double press on the remote. Nothing happened to the windows until I opened the door and two seconds later all the windows wound down!

Previous to this starting to happen (the day before) I had been holding the button down to wind down all of the windows to clear the condensation off them, but I don't know what else that I had done for this to repeat itself :confused:

So can I ask my dealer to alter my new car (arriving in a couple of weeks) to adjust vagcom so that when I lock my car (oct vrs) the windows go up, like a full closure alarm would?

IIRC its only if it rains and you can do it yourself if you have maxidot.