vRS - Realistic mpg ?

BRUN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get anywhere between 50 and 60 during the ride home.

Best I ever had was a 63.8 on a grandad drive back to my parents to see what she could achieve......won't be driving that f*****g slow again :rofl::rofl:

50+ MPG is perfectly achievable, but it does depend on the journey, 3/4 of my commute is mostly 50 - 60 mph so no real oppertunities there for speed, where she can get say 55mpg, however, the last 1/4 is dual carrageway and an 80ish blat (I don't thrash it to the red line either) will drop me down to about 47mpg.

I'm happy with the overall economy of it seeing how it's a reltively 'fast' hatch, does me a treat.

One thing though, I have had to use some of that V Power Diesel and my mpg has actually dropped by 3 -4, driving exactly the same??? anybody else noticed this as I thought it was supposed to help the economy.

I'm back to standard fuel now, so I'll wait and see if it creeps up again?

I sit at the legal limit most of the time, so 70mph should see higher mPG than that.

I would look at what fuel you use, MAF issues or tyre pressures if your getting that low a figure.

MAF is fine done the 'Cage' mod,

Air filter is cleaned every 5k

Oil is fully synth and changed every 5k

Tire pressures are 34psi and all new tires

Must just have a bad one LOL :rofl:

Just saw 56+ mpg on 250 mile motorway run. Driving from north of England to the south can touch 60 mpg if really lightfooting it over the longer motorway stretches. (Downhill as the south is sinking into the channel!)

Good achievable all round average for long distances is 50-53 mpg.

Around town driving mostly short trips produces 37-39mpg in winter, 39-42 in summer.

The specified figures are achievable if you drive extraordinarily gently over long distances (not really practical) and also don't welly it around town (again difficult in the real world). This reflects the unusually controlled test conditions used to achieve the published figures.

my daily commuting has about 95% of a road. The trip computer reading is normally between 55 and 65. I found that is about 10% better than the actually consumption. As I normally get about 570 miles per tank, which I think it 45L according to parkers. Hope that helps mate.:)

on my usual 22 mile trip to work on B roads on majority A1 cruising at 70 I get 58 Mpg according to my trip comp.

I am very pleased with that figure as my Astra gave me 38mpg Max for the same journey. :thumbup: