Blueflame exhaust I want louder!

Right well I have had my blueflame exhaust on a while now and i think its a bit quiet for me.

The idea I am thinking is removing the middle silencer and replacing with standard SS pipe. Can anyone thinks of any problems with me doing this? Will it be overly loud? :D:D

The middle box on an aftermarket system is usually a resonator box which is supposed to make it, well; resonate? this is the box that gives it a 'growl' if you remove this you may find that the exhaust sounds really tinny instead of powerful. f you still have the cat fitted then replace it with a de-cat pipe this will allow the gasses to flow through unrestricted and should increase the exhaust note and increase the power (marginally)! It will probably put your engine management light on thou!

The middle box on an aftermarket system is usually a resonator box which is supposed to make it, well; resonate? this is the box that gives it a 'growl' if you remove this you may find that the exhaust sounds really tinny instead of powerful. f you still have the cat fitted then replace it with a de-cat pipe this will allow the gasses to flow through unrestricted and should increase the exhaust note and increase the power (marginally)! It will probably put your engine management light on thou!

Im still running the standard CAT does a De-Cat effect the sound that much?

I took the centre box out of my blueflame system and it doesnt make it too loud, and thats with a 100 cel sports cat.

The rear box of the blueflame system had a large silencer so I got this changed to a smaller custom made one, this made more difference in terms of loudness.

I have even tried running the car without the rear box, ie no silencer system and found this was way to loud. Even with the stereo on max you couldnt hear it at 70 mph!..so after a couple of days fitted the rear box back on.

The size and type of tailpipe you have fitted makes the most difference in terms of what type of noise your car will produce.

I have a large bore tailpipe and this makes a deep purposeful noise on idle and quite boomy at 70mph +.

I took the centre box out of my blueflame system and it doesnt make it too loud, and thats with a 100 cel sports cat.

The rear box of the blueflame system had a large silencer so I got this changed to a smaller custom made one, this made more difference in terms of loudness.

I have even tried running the car without the rear box, ie no silencer system and found this was way to loud. Even with the stereo on max you couldnt hear it at 70 mph!..so after a couple of days fitted the rear box back on.

The size and type of tailpipe you have fitted makes the most difference in terms of what type of noise your car will produce.

I have a large bore tailpipe and this makes a deep purposeful noise on idle and quite boomy at 70mph +.

Thanks for that I will have a scout around :D I used to be happy with it just not anymore....

I have a 100cel custom cat downpipe and full Miltek system, but i to wanted it louder so got a non resonated middle section fitted, now sounds great but not to loud, im a family man...lol

Phil

I have a 100cel custom cat downpipe and full Miltek system, but i to wanted it louder so got a non resonated middle section fitted, now sounds great but not to loud, im a family man...lol

Phil

getting old more like :P;)

Right well I have had my blueflame exhaust on a while now and i think its a bit quiet for me.

The idea I am thinking is removing the middle silencer and replacing with standard SS pipe. Can anyone thinks of any problems with me doing this? Will it be overly loud? :D:D

Fit a Cherry Bomb !!!!:rofl: