Wifes Fabia Keyed :(

The wife had her old Fabia (2000) keyed by some mindless idiot last night when she left it in what she thought was a well lit, secure car park. She is absolutely gutted as the car is her pride and joy.

Are there any products out there that would do a reasonable repair ? I have heard of a tape that you can apply over the scratch but I can't find any information on it. I can't justify or afford the cost of putting it into a bodyshop for repair.I have even thought of trying to source a cheap replacement door in the same colour from a breakers.

Any tips for an easy repair would be appreciated.

Sadly an all to common experience for many.

There's a large section of this forum on Styling & Car Care,

some of the regulars on there will be able to guide you I'm sure.

Their first questions will be how deep is the scratch & have you got any photo's of it.

Hope you get it sorted ... Darren

Sadly an all to common experience for many.

There's a large section of this forum on Styling & Car Care,

some of the regulars on there will be able to guide you I'm sure.

Their first questions will be how deep is the scratch & have you got any photo's of it.

Hope you get it sorted ... Darren

Thanks for that Darren. I'll check those sections now and post a couple of pics later.

Sorry to hear about the scratch, looks quite deep to be honest and only a respray would cure it. In the mean time get to a bodyshop with your colour code and get sum touch up with sum lacquer to prevent it from rusting. Will do the job until you can afford to get it painted.

Thanks for all the advice guys.....

I think I'll look around for another door from a breakers yard. It'll be cheaper in the end as a good full door respray will cost £200 - £300 I think. I'm more gutted for the wife who is blaming herself for this mindless act.