Hope you'll all have a nice weekend - I will!

swedishskoda

Soon to log off and disappear into the deep forests of Sweden. Yearly reunion with mates from way back where we devour these cuties:

krafta.jpg

accompanied by toast, strong cheese, beer, and, ahem, schnapps :thumbup:

Very bad mobile net coverage, so will probably not be back until Sunday night...

They don't look like the kind of creature you will find living in trees though :eek:;)

I know that they are more rare in the UK, but here we have lakes in our forests ;)

I even found a pic of where I'm going on a German website :eek:

Rasjon_Variation1.jpg

:( I'm not jealous at all.......

I wish there was more 'nature' over here. Enjoy yourself :thumbup:

We have a whole district full of lakes, if only I could remember what that it was called...:rolleyes:

Well, since swedishskoda isn't back till later tonight, I can say what I like now :devil: I reckon we should have put a tracer on his mobile in case he's actually swum across to Iceland to try to get his millions out :cool:

Only kidding, swedishskoda. Those cuties look like what I'd call crayfish? They were mentioned on a cookery prog this morning where the host said, "Or do as the Scandinavians do and put them in the middle of the table so folks help themselves." Can't remember what they did with them now, but it reminded me of your piccie.

On the topic of food, someone has said on a different forum that nice smoked ham is available in Stockholm but "ordinary ham" is not so good. Wouldn't mind your comments on that, if you have any. Ta.

The scenery looks lovely. Hope you've had a great weekend and will post some of your piccies.

Mo

I love the idea of just chilling out surrounded by beauty, it's good for the soul. :)

Yey! Totally agree! Sounds like we should organise a Brisky ladies meet :) <--- see what I did there :leb:

Mo

We can always crash the menfolks' meet later on... :D

Soon to log off and disappear into the deep forests of Sweden. Very bad mobile net coverage, so will probably not be back until Sunday night...

Have you no shame? :eek: You're needed here to bump up the 'How high can we count' thread. :D

Hope you have a great time and the insects aren't biting :thumbup:

Cheers, everyone :)

I survived... so don't worry, westerdam2, I know my duty :D

Surrounded by beauty and refreshingly chilled out (although awful weather yesterday). But not surrounded by beauties, it's a "men only" occasion (we made the mistake some 20 years ago to invite SWMBOs but that was an one-off :D )

The lake added to the chilling effect. Water was bloody cold, (our host expects us to haul the boat and the jetty ashore before winter).

(Lack of) mobile coverage is a fact - you have to go outdoors to make your calls. I managed to connect to a 3g internet connection but no data was ever transferred :P

In re ham in Sweden - you get what you pay for. Cheap "ham" is probably not ham at all but some unspecified compressed pork, no doubt with artificial aromatic additives :thumbdwn: . But there are small, independent, local producers that make excellent stuff.